Does "playing God" seem immoral to you?

On what grounds do you base your morality?

How do you justify your belief system?

Favorite Answer

if its not broken dont fix it. but glue does not last forever god always wins in the end!

To answer your first question, I don't believe that "playing God" is immoral because God wouldn't have created the person who discovered how to save a life or allowed this person to perform on another human being. God wouldn't have created humans to live, get sick, and die or a person who he gave the gift to save lives if he thought it was wrong or immoral. God wouldn't have allowed millions of people to learn these life skills, if it was wrong or immoral. For your second question, I base my morality on what God has taught me clearly which is right & wrong, what he clearly states in the bible from his mouth. Third & final question, my belief system is based off of the truth, you won't know my belief system until I speak about a certain topic or subject.

I do not find "playing God" to be immoral, because I believe that it could greatly benefit human kind. While man kind may go too far, this may also occur in a scientific underground. These criminal scientists will undoubtedly be without this conscience reminding them of the risks, most likely blinded by greed. We will eventually have to "play God" to counter the "God playing" of these others.

Yes, it seems very immoral to me. Despite you believe in God or not, but at lease please respect other religions that believe in God existence. I totally base my morality in "respect." This respect may refer to other religions and human being.

How do I justify my belief system? As I said earlier, the local law and international law all respect the freedom of religion, this mean, to penetrate into this world, we must respect other's belief. To be precise, my belief system relies in "general principle of law and society."

Source(s): Lay Vicheka. Program officer/career advisor/author/media liaison officer/translator. vicheka@clec.org.kh. Questions about Cambodian laws and politics are warmly welcome!!!

Well, it depends on the context and who is doing the "playing God". If it is in a field where we have extensive training and it falls within our responsibilities to make decisions that appear "God-like" to those outside that training then the answer is "yes".

If it falls within a context where the person "playing God" has no training or knowledge in the field that they are making a "God-like" decision in, then the answer is "no", unless a decision must be made and there is no-one better placed or better qualified to make it.

"Playing God"??? doesn't that mean creating stuff? like... babies? in that case, we "play god" every minute of every day!

I guess you're talking about changing nature, genetic engineering, stuff like that. Without progress, our society will stagnate... but I wouldn't like it if we could choose how our children will look (so-called "designer babies"). Its bad enough that we already know what sex they're going to be before they're born. On the other hand, its very useful to know if your child will have a mental / physical disability before its born, so you can prepare for it.

A further step from my last point would be the ability to reject deformed babies before their born. This, I'm not sure about yet. Is it either right to let them live (because they're human), or right to let them die (because their quality of life will be so markedly affected)...

• ?

The essence of your being is unconditional love, You have union with God in unconditional love within your own heart. "God dwells within you as you."Living in this state, one serves God in unconditional love,performing actions in obedience to Gods will, it is "God within who doeth the work". There is no thought of morality or belief system.

Source(s): experience

A lot of office managers like to "play God". It's almost like a fetish to them to see how many subordinates they can drive over the edge.

only for a church play i think is ok but if you just think you are god then thats wrong. xj