how do you tell if there is heat damage to a processor besides the processor melting or not working at all?

I'm assuming this computer has heat damage. A week ago, I pulled this Celeron D 3.2ghz processor and motherboard out of the closet and put them in a new case/power supply. A cord stopped the fan from running on the processor's heatsink and the temperature on the processor reached 200 degrees for at least AN HOUR. On celeron D/pentium 4/pentium d/pentium prescott processors, heat damage is suppose to be impossible as if the processor gets too hot, it slows down or freezes to compensate. As you can tell, the computer runs perfect EXCEPT for lagg. The lagg is not noticeable unless you play a song which every 4 seconds drags for a half a second and the mouse freezes during this time; It acts like the whole FSB freezes. I have replaced the motherboard and voltages follow:

VCORE: 1.32v - 1.36v (usually stays steady at 1.34)

2.5V: 2.62v (steady)

vcc3: 3.26v (steady)

vcc: 4.99v (steady)

+12: 12.03V (steady)

SB3V: 3.24V (steady)

SB5V: 4.97 - 4.99V

Cpu: 101 - 103 F

system: 103F

Favorite Answer

i guess thats da only way u can check it from home.....unless u take it to a service centre. those dudes will be able to tell u . also see if there is any blackness or if u get da burnt type of smell

• erke

that should in all risk no longer do too lots harm immediately, yet you will go lots slower and, sure, at last everlasting harm will come. I many times in basic terms enable my CPU to visit around a hundred thirty tiers F (approximately fifty 5 tiers C), yet that's reason i'm paranoid with going as rapid as conceivable. i take advantage of Intel, so AMD may well be diverse in the honour of heating, even regardless of the indisputable fact that it particularly is nevertheless in all risk clever to maintain the temperature low.

if it is heat damged then it would usaly be burned or smell but the only processors that help prevent this i no of are the pentium 4 when they detect the processor is to hot it shuts the comp off

If your computer is not working properly while you are working on it, it could be a problem with device drivers, hardware or software.

Detailed instructions at http://tinyurl.com/yk5zpr