My hips were replaced 15 years ago, now I have extreme shooting pain from my hip down to my foot. Help!!?

I can't sleep on either side at night. Too much pain. Will see the doctor, but it's Christmas time now. How can I sleep before seeing the doctor?

Favorite Answer

doctor is only answer!

Hip replacements do wear out over time. My father has had his replaced 3 times. Go to your doctor!

If this is the result of a recent fall, I suggest you go seek medical help NOW! I wouldn't wait. Shooting pains are indicative of nerve stimulation, such as spinal injury, or siatic nerve damage. You don't want to mess with that.

If you must, try splinting your hip with a pillow in such a way that it positions your back and hip in a nonpainful way. Heating pads may help too. Anti-inflammatory drugs (Ibuprophen) help as well. (take it with food)

If this is the result of something recent (slip and fall, blunt trauma) i'd seek help in the ER.

• ec1177

Go to a ER and get a prescription for some strong pain medicine until you can see your own doctor.

Artificial hip joints usually last 10 to 15 years,have them X rayed

they might need to be re done

sorry babe but the replacement joints are probably worn out. Only pain killers will help you sleep

You probably need to get new replacements???????? Call your doc and get some pain meds and something to help you sleep like Ambeim CR, that really works well for me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Take some antiflammatory medicine and see thre Doc right away.

omg? How do you replace your hips? zz. go consult your doctor.

its best if you go to the hospital (ER) if you aren't feeling to well. i hope you feel much better and merry christmas.