what makes a driver so stupid when he or she is driving?

for istance today i was waiting to turn into a parking lot with my blinker on and some moron damn near rearended me. he went around me on the ditch side. but what was he blind? duh turn signal on. but i mean drivers in general. they get out there on the road and turn into brainless zombies.

• Liz
    Favorite Answer

I'm right there with you on that one! how's the saying go... 'Ignition on, brain off!'

• Ted T

If you can honestly tell me that you never do anything a bit stupid or lose concentration now and then I will sympathise with you but I doubt if you can. I think the biggest pests on our roads are those drivers who think they are way better than everybody else and have to prove it by tailgating to show they could be faster than the guy in front, if he would only get out of the way, or start hurling abuse at people because they think that person has offended their idea of how you should drive.

The worst are those who have just got their license and think they know it all.

Having said all that I have to agree with you that there are some people who should not be allowed behind the wheel.

This is just my opinion but most people get behind the wheel, start the car, turn on the radio and phone, and turn off common sense. I have been a driver, truck and bus, for 19 years and I try to take every precaution in my company vehicle as well as in my personal vehicle. The best thing to do when you have stop in any kind of lane of traffic is keep 1 eye on the road ahead of you and 1 on the rear view mirror and be prepared to stomp on that gas pedal if it looks like the guy behind you isn't gonna stop.

• j.f.

Oh I just have to chime in here... I drive a lot and I've seen some really stupid people out there on the highways. I agree that it seems like as soon as some people get into their car their brain just shuts down and they become oblivious to everything going on around them. One day last week on my 45 minute commute to work, I got stuck behind a car full of b1tche$ from New York (I live in Virginia) who were doing at least 10 mph under the 65 mph speed limit IN THE LEFT LANE!!!! Cars are piling up behind them because they're too stupid to get over into the right lane, which was also moving rather slowly, but it wasn't stop and go traffic at all. The right lane was moving about 5 under the speed limit. So I'm gesturing to these heifers to get the hell outta the left lane so people can get around them and go the speeds they want to go, and the silly ho's get pissed off and start flipping me off. I had to get into the right lane to get to my exit and they got behind me and took the same exit like they were gonna follow me and kick my a$$ or something. They were still gesturing and flipping me off until they saw the cop in the other lane. I was tempted to get out of my car and tell the cop they were being obnoxious and purposefully holding up traffic. Just another example of why driving tests need to be more difficult...

• erke

definitely SUVs, which isn't a stereotype. SUVs supply human beings a feeling of dominance and capability because of the fact of their length and fee, which leads to lack of understanding to site visitors rules/indications, aggressive using, and to no longer point out taking over a million.5 parking areas. yet another element to be conscious is the financial and ecological circumstances a lot of those SUV drivers are in. in case you notice those human beings using to paintings and whatnot in the morning, you notice vehicles that get 20 mpg carrying one person, the driving force. Many SUV drivers, yet no longer all, teach little attention for the poverty and toxins surrounding others in the worldwide through hogging no longer in basic terms the line, yet ever-lowering gasoline capability the entire earth makes use of.

• There are many things:

Cell Phones

Eating Food

Drinking Coffee/Soda

Playing with the radio

lost in thought

talking with passenger

putting on makeup

fussing with children

fussing with pets

There are many laws on the books in different places that prohibit distracted driving, sadly they are rarely enforced.

I think you're wrong, all the stupid ones are in front of me going slower than I want to go and the jerks are the ones behind me who are trying to go faster than the speed that I'm traveling.

Its the microwave signals from cell phones causing dumbassery.

people are stupid they don't pay attention, there on the phone,messing with the radio-- putting on make up yelling at kids ect.

• John B

its a power thing