Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingNewborn & Baby · 1 decade ago

how can I cook fruits and vegetables for my 6 month old?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

steaming them would be best because it makes them soft but not fruit ewww lol just cut or dice the fruit!~

• DeeJay
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

Boil the vegetables and fruit until they are tender. Blend them in a blender. I on my very own recomendation, added a tenny, tinney pinch of salt and butter.

I did this with my babies. When they were old enough to have meats mixed with vegetables, I also put them in the blender but a little chuncky. Stew. Chicken Noodle soup. Roast in the blender and mashed potatoes. etc.

Saves on the budget.

• 1 decade ago

You can steam, or boil things like sweet potatos, and then puree with a blender.A neat trick I have found is to put the food you have made into a ice cube tray and freeze it, when they are frozen, pop them out and put into a freezer bag marked with what is inside.When it is time to feed your baby, get a cube out of the bag and pop it into a microwave safe dish, and nuke it for a minute...You will be good to go, and perfect serving size!

Source(s): Did this with my kids!
  • 1 decade ago

I would steam veg so that they retain their nutriants but are softer and then mash them or use a hand blender. Most fruits are soft enought to just mash with a fork, apart from apples which I would use a hand blender for.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

They sell little mesh baggies at Baby's R Us so babies can eat solid fruits/veggies safely, they just kind of suck the food through the mesh so they don't choke.

• 1 decade ago

steam veggies and puree fruit in the blender... you can buy organic baby food in fruits and veggies if u want that also :) good luck!

• 1 decade ago

Boil or steam them. Nothing hurting feeding babies natural food.

• Rachel
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

boil in water till soft and mash with a fork or masher.

• 1 decade ago

boil or steam, then mush it up lots.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

STEAM OR BOIL......NO SUGAR

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.