Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingNewborn & Baby · 1 decade ago

how can I cook fruits and vegetables for my 6 month old?

Favorite Answer

steaming them would be best because it makes them soft but not fruit ewww lol just cut or dice the fruit!~

• DeeJay

Boil the vegetables and fruit until they are tender. Blend them in a blender. I on my very own recomendation, added a tenny, tinney pinch of salt and butter.

I did this with my babies. When they were old enough to have meats mixed with vegetables, I also put them in the blender but a little chuncky. Stew. Chicken Noodle soup. Roast in the blender and mashed potatoes. etc.

Saves on the budget.

You can steam, or boil things like sweet potatos, and then puree with a blender.A neat trick I have found is to put the food you have made into a ice cube tray and freeze it, when they are frozen, pop them out and put into a freezer bag marked with what is inside.When it is time to feed your baby, get a cube out of the bag and pop it into a microwave safe dish, and nuke it for a minute...You will be good to go, and perfect serving size!

Source(s): Did this with my kids!

I would steam veg so that they retain their nutriants but are softer and then mash them or use a hand blender. Most fruits are soft enought to just mash with a fork, apart from apples which I would use a hand blender for.

They sell little mesh baggies at Baby's R Us so babies can eat solid fruits/veggies safely, they just kind of suck the food through the mesh so they don't choke.

steam veggies and puree fruit in the blender... you can buy organic baby food in fruits and veggies if u want that also :) good luck!

Boil or steam them. Nothing hurting feeding babies natural food.

• Rachel

boil in water till soft and mash with a fork or masher.

boil or steam, then mush it up lots.

STEAM OR BOIL......NO SUGAR