I use two AA rechargeable batteries in my wireless mouse.I can only use the originals.Others won't work. Why?

The other rechargeables work in other things,like flashlights.I'm afraid that when the originals wear out I will have to purchase another mouse or just use regular batteries.

I've contacted Rayovac & they have referred me to the mfg. of the mouse.No reply yet!

George

Favorite Answer

Rechargeable batteries are actually only 1.2 volts, compared with alkaline 1.5 volts.

Two rechargeable AAs in series produce 2.4 volts instead of 3.0. For electronic devices, the 0.6 volt difference can be enough to prohibit current flowing through LED's and diodes within the circuit.

You'll have to use Alkaline. Too bad. They're so harmful to the environment. Maybe a USB mouse is a better solution.

The original rechargable batteries is probably of a higher Amperage(not too sure if it spell this way). The unit is in milliamps per hour (mAh).

If your original uses the 1600 mAh type, and you try to replace with 600 mAh, chances are, they are not going to work.

Try using the higher mAh.

• cobble

right thats the element of a lithium battery its rechargable so which you dont would desire to apply a ton of batterys. so i dont think of of so. according to danger see in case you will detect a conversion plug in so which you will hook your regularly occurring charger into an indian plug in.

• dil

ya this is possible. the manufacturers has mad ethe mouse to be power consumed more that you cam't use regular batteries with it.