what is the stereotype for being a mexican?

what are mexicans like?

• Iris
    Favorite Answer

The stereotype is that they're lazy, ignorant, and dirty.

In reality, some are good and some are bad, just like people of every other ethnicity.

My experience with Mexicans has always been positive. My best friend is Chicano, and his family very lovingly welcomed me into their home. They didn't go out of their way for me, however; they continued to watch TV in Spanish, a language which I don't understand, and seemed to expect me to do chores while I was a guest in their home. That doesn't imply that they're mean or ungenerous; it's just a different culture.

Other people in the neighborhood, also Chicano, were not so nice. My friend's grandmother complained about loud parties and people who she suspected were dealing drugs further down the block. Fortunately, I didn't have to meet any of those people.

The stereotype is influenced by the large illegal mexican community in america. Many mexicans sneak over the boarder illegaly and find jobs. They do these jobs for cheap and mexicans do very good yard work, but it does cause problems. The stereotypical mexican is poor and uneducated. This is something I know doesn't describe every mexican.

Some people see them as being lazy, or sneaky, or they view them as drug users. I was in a hospital for five weeks after surgery. I have a Mexican friend. Out of all my "friends" can you guess who came to see me?

• Why do you want to know? Thinking of someone according to a stereotype is not a good way to think of someone.

Laziness.

But in reality, that is so untrue. Mexican are hard working and resourceful.

The sterotype?

Like having 10 people cramed in the car?

really they are like everyone else. they just know how to get by on much less.

There's a TON of stereotypes out there. Lazy, drug users .. blah blah blah.

Why! You want to continue to perpetuate them. You want to line your prejudices duck in order. Good luck! You won't be getting any from me.

some stereotypes are they have alot of children.... they work for really little money.. and they are all really short