how did the whole "dumb blonde" stereotype begin?

how did is start? why are blondes considered dumb?

Favorite Answer

Kind of like how all the Michael Jackson jokes came to be....blondes were making themselves into a joke. Not all blondes, but keep in mind that when blonde jokes originally caught on (early 90s I would dare to say) the bleach blonde and dying hair blonde was the thing to do. At least thats my perception, coming from a post 80s era. Generically, more women were going blonde.

Blonde jokes are more of a joke against women than blondes.

It's been around for as long as I've known. Long before Jessica Simpson or Britney Spears. Maybe it started from Marilyn Monroe or Playboy bunnies, but I really have no idea.

it somewhat is been around for as long as i've got have been given time-venerated. long in the past Jessica Simpson or Britney Spears. probable it began from Marilyn Monroe or Playboy bunnies, yet i truthfully haven't any concept.

I think it started because of jealously. I think people really are more attracted to blonde.

It was started by dumb brunettes.

when the worlds first blonde woman was born

she was dropped as a baby so she was mentally retarded

after that the rest is history...............

Source(s): the history channel

i really dont know this but i thought it was because of jessica simpson

Dunno how it started....dont know about you but a great mahority of the blondes ive met are air heads....