Anonymous

What do people have against emos?

Like here: http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=AjV8H...

it's like an emo dissing fest or something. What is it with people? And why is it that people target in on people they think are vulnerable or fragile to try to make them feel like crap, cause the whole stereotype of being depressed and cutting and stuff, why would you go after people like that?

Favorite Answer

I don't have anything against emos.

Some people are just immature, sweetie. They haven't learned yet that they can't make themselves happy by making others unhappy. And then, some are just plain mean-hearted. They see a vulnerable person as an easy target, which the whole emo groove is really all about, so when the two types meet it's a recipe for trouble.

Merry Christmas!

what defines one as emo? an emotional person who wears dark clothes and cuts themselves? I have news for you. Everybody has to deal with crap in their lives. Thinking about the age of most emo's wich is what, 12-17? Chances are you have not had to deal with all that much. Yeah school sucks and everybody tries to turn friends against friends and start stupid wars. But too bad. We ALL have been there. Once you are out on your own it's a HELL of alot harder.

Everybody has to deal with being sad and depressed at some point but we don't all jump on the band wagon and slit our wrists just so we can show every one how emotional we can be.

It's just an annoying fad like valley girls. . . ooops i just threw up in my mouth a little. . .

"You think you know pain? Try living in a third world country!"

I have to add that I do not hold anything against them for their appearance. I look like a little weirdo too. It's pretty much the lemming thing. They are just all following each other off of that cliff because its the cool thing to do right now. if it is really truly honestly you and not some image you want to portray then fine. Being yourself is great. I think every one should be themselves. But when you do it just because you want to be cool....no. thats not cool

Source(s): p.s. that ELMO answer is just too damn funny. kudos to you buddy! kudos to you...

You can not allow a few to jade your view about people. most would act different to your face than hiding behind their computer. putting down others somehow makes some people feel better about themselves, their own problems and failures.

It is just a bunch of followers giving into pack-mentality. As long as they are pointing at other people they think no-one is looking at them, what they fail to realize is when they point the finger, three fingers are pointing back at them. most well adjusted people see through the vain attempts at masking their own problems and know the ones making fun of others are trying to make their pathetic life somehow seem like worth living.

People dis on Emos because they (ignorantly) perceive them to be whiny. Truth be told, people do this because they are insecure and unsettled by people who are introspective or different. Emos, and everyone else should feel sorry for people that have nothing better to do but belittle another person or group.

I have nothing against Elmo. He's one of the least annoying characters on Sesame Street. I even bought the Tickle me Elmo when it was popular.

people like to prove themselves macho or emotionally stronger or whatever by bashing emos.

or they like to diss someone who is not likely to come after them coz they seem emotionally fragile. no one comes after someone who can hit back and they assume emos are helpless babys or something.

or they think they're all gay and the gay bashers come to diss them.

its kinda like the goth culture at first, when people thought they were all gay satanists and tried coming after them.

i have nothing against them. but sometimes they just seem a little scary .... but im sure once u get to know them theyr nice, normal people like every1