Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesHistory · 1 decade ago

is there any truth to the myth of the National Treasure hidden by the masons with clues on the dollar bill?

and the Declaration of Independence etc? Is there a hidden treasure even rumored to be somewhere?

• BryanB
    Favorite Answer

Yes, but the American government found it first.

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Source(s): truth myth national treasure hidden masons clues dollar bill: https://shortly.im/p9yz1

Although there are a lot of historically accurate statements made about American History, at no point, do I believe, is "National Treasure" a true story. I assure you that the Roman Army did not pillage an Egyptian tomb, which was then captured by Americans, and hidden away from the British. Can you imagine keeping that all a secret, there was a lot of treasure there, and transporting that all from Egypt to America than into that tiny room behind Trinity Church. Also, there was one flaw, there were Chinese Dragons present in that treasure room, and the legend did not mention of Chinese artifacts being present at the time the Americans had gained control of the treasure. Don't get me wrong, its a great story and all, but there is definitely no treasure map on the back of the American declaration of independence. Peace out homie Merry XMAS

• amp

Perhaps...the masons are a secret society that seems a little mystical. The Knights Templar may have amassed great treasure which may be hidden somewhere. I always thought the American dollar had some unusual symbolism. Who knows? Fiction is often inspired by fact. Some conspiracy theories are true. I've been hearing a lot about masons & the Knights Templar & the holy grail with the Da Vinci Code. An interesting idea if nothing else...

Is National Treasure True

• hadson

Is National Treasure Real

No, pretty much it was Jerry Bruckheimer bitching, pissing, and whining about how "I waaanttt a DiVinci Cooodeee!!!"

The DiVinci Code AND National Treasure are just fictional tales spawned by conspiracy theories regarding the given subjects of each. Of the two, I would give The DiVinci Code the closest to having any truth to it, and even that I don't believe happened.

no, as many us us know the signs, words and symbols and there is no hidden National Treasure like in this movie. there are some secrets but the Masons are a society with secrets not a secret society as there is a difference

Source(s): life member of over 25 years and a past master of 2 different Masonic Lodges
  • Ahab

I seriously doubt it, unless of course you are talking about Fort Knox.

Yeah many of the founding fathers were Free Masons but it seems most unlikely that there is buried treasure somewhere.

• DeeJay

Everyone loves a mystery. I, myself believe it has been dreamed up by a few people in years past. Many have gotten rich making a documentry throughout the years about this strange mystery. If it could even be possibly be true, it's irrelivent.