Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkOther - Food & Drink · 1 decade ago

What's the difference between a malt and a shake?

Favorite Answer

A shake is when you mix milk with ice cream. (and of course adding whatever favourite thing you like such as berries, or chocolate syrup, or a shot of vanilla extract)

A Malt is milk and ice cream mixed with malted milk mixture.

I used to work in a Dairy Queen and I had to mix this powdered mixture into it everytime someone wanted a malt.

I love shakes but I HATE the taste of malt! lol

• Susan

If you have tasted Malts at DQ there is a world of difference than at a regular ice cream parlor. Malts at DQ are made with ice milk not ice cream. Malt is malted milk and is a powder that is used by all the malt makers across America. Shakes only contain the flavor that one picks plus the ice cream and milk. Both are blended until it is a nice consistency.

• dizdar

Dairy Queen Malt

Shakes are just milk, flavoring, and ice cream. Malts are usually a little thicker and contain all of the same ingredients, but malt has malt powder in it to give it the taste difference.

Source(s): I work at Dairy Queen and we have shakes and malts.

A malt is a shake with malt powder added to it. The malt powder is blended into the mixture and it has a thicker consistency than a shake.

A milkshake is basically milk, flavouring and ice cream.

A malted shake is that plus malt powder added in.

• Joe C

A malt has malt (a powdery substance) in it.

a malt is alot thicker