I hurt my ankle but there was no brusing or swelling.?

I was playing basketball and as I was doing a crossover, I bent my ankle and stepped with it in that position. The muscles around my ankle hurt but I dont think anything is broken or torn... there was no swelling or brusing. Is it serious

I was playing basketball and as I was doing a crossover, I bent my ankle and stepped with it in that position. The muscles around my ankle hurt but I dont think anything is broken or torn... there was no swelling or brusing. It hurts though when I apply direct pressure to my ankle when I walk. it serious? I am a starter on my team and I dont want it to conflict with my game time.

Favorite Answer

Don't sound like you have any major issues

It depends on how long ago you hurt your ankle. If I was more than two hours ago then I think ur are going to be fine. When you stretch a muscle too fast then it will usually result in pain, you may have a minor tear and your body will be able to heal itself.

Just try not to do too much on your bad ankle until the pain goes away. If the pain doesnt go away in a week or two then you should definately go to the doctor to see if there is something seriously wrong with it.

I really dont think there is anything to worry about though.

Source(s): personal experiences

It's probably nothing serious at all. It's very easy to strain muscles when you have something twist and 150 lbs (or whatever) come crashing down on it. Most likely, like you say, it's just a muscular pain, and these things simply take time to heal and get back to normal.

However, if swelling does occur, if the pain does persist more than a week or two, or if you cannot walk correctly, it would definately be a good idea to be seen by your doctor for it.

if you had broken it,you would know about it.It sounds like you've just sprained it slightly,takes some painkillers if it's hurting and put an elasticated bandage round it to keep it supported.If it's still giving you problems,go and see your doctor

Get over it already. What are you, some kind of mama's boy?