Taz

Do you know or have a scrooge in your family? If so, have you done something to make him/her change?

Favorite Answer

I have had and have several scrooges in my family and I can tell you that after years and years of trying all kinds of ways to change them (and believe me I tried), they still have not changed. I think there are givers and there are takers and you are either one or the other. It is in your nature. So if you have a scrooge, better just get used to them and either accept them for who they are or if you are able to, stay away from them. Scrooges can be a very negative influence in your life.

Yeah, my brother and he's like 17.

Well, he doesn't mind most of the Christmas 'rituals' but he definitely lacks the spirit and good will and all that.

We've tried to get him involved in things like decorating the house and tree, baking cookies (though he's more interested in eating them) and singing carols...

But so far all of that seems to have been in vain as he sees the decorating and baking as a chore.

idk if i have a scrooge but i know i have a grinch and he is my Grandpa and he never says yourwelcome or gives you hugs or kisses!!!

and your second question no there is no way to change a person when they've been like that for a while!!

good luck..

Yes there is one such a person in my family and NO one has done anything to make me change....even though they know EXACTLY what it would take...

let them work a homeless shelter and go where people live in the streets and sleep outside. he may change his mind.

Bah! Humbug!

yes, my boyfriend, this year I bought him a big screen t.v. and am trying to get enough misletoe to cover the ceiling of our bedroom....:)

Bah hum bug. Only one on my family............me. And let me repeat "Christmas my friend is a hum bug"

ya i beat him and now he listen and belevs in christmas