Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 decade ago

Does Heaven have a capitalist economy?

Favorite Answer

You can either serve God or money but you can't serve both at the same time. This is the fundamental flaw in the modern church here in America. I say this as a Christian, a proud American who served in our nation's special forces, as a conservative Republican and as the owner of a series of businesses unrelated to each other (diversification).

At my church, for example, we have many retired executives who put a lot of weight behind education, resumes, careers, posessions and such. On the other side of that coin, we have members who are employed in manual labor as well as nurses and teachers.

We talk about being very Biblicly based and scripturally literal. However, one of our members has been banned (by our state government) from ever being involved in the banking business for the rest of his life. So the church is full of sinners.

Does this make us hypocrites? Sure, if that makes you feel better go around saying it. We all fall short of the glory of Christ and the grace of God.

Here's the bottom line: Heaven has no money. Money is unecessary by all means in Heaven. There are no stores selling us things we don't need. There are no latest cars rolling around to gleam at and chase after.

But here on Earth money is a tool many of us use to get by. In 1913, the Democrats passed legislation that made our central banking system a privately held corporation. You may know it as the Federal Reserve System. It's owners, through the Feds monetary policies, withdrew over $8 billion dollars from the American economy between 1929-1932 creating and perpetuating the greatest financial crisis/crime our nation has ever endured. The make 99.74 cents per bill that is printed on a $1 bill and even more for higher denominations. It is the most profitable business in the world.

Want proof? In 1900, the average cost to an American to pay for their local, state and federal government was about 5% of their earnings. The public debt, again for local, state and federal government was virtually non-existent. Now, the average cost to an American for our government is over 31% and public debt is on the verge of sinking our society into history.

Capitalism is simply attempting to have much of the capital economic goods privately owned because, and there's evidence to substantiate this, private ownership tends to instill a pride that further creates economic growth.

Communism/Socialism is simply attempting to have much of the capital economic goods publicly owned. However, these types of economies generally grow at a slower rate and the fantasy of economic equality never really pans out. See the fall of the Soviet Union for example. To be fair, anytime a society switches form of government or changes from one economic form to another there is a period of unstability. This is certainly true in Russia today.

What's interesting to me is that very few Americans know that the Federal Reserve is a privately owned corporation. Even fewer understand the economic stranglehold they have held over America since 1913 - incidentally when the income tax was created.

To further amplify the point, many Americans are completely clueless that the mainstream media (to include ABC, NBC, CBS, CNN, network radio and most major newspapers and magazines are also owned by the same folks who own the Federal Reserve. They do this by controlling the majority stock in those other corporation just as they do with many of the name brand corporations Americans work for and buy products from.

The farce behind the madness of this is not that these things are privately owned but that they control both political parties, to a great extent, which is why you'll find it next to impossible to find a major Presidential candidate (even before the nomination) proposing the buyout or abolition of the Federal Reserve System.

Not even the Democrats, the so-called 'party of the people' have the conviction to stand up to the owners of the Fed.

If you'd like to do something about this begin by copying this and sending it to everyone you know.

Source(s): Owen-Glass Act, 1913. The Secrets of the Federal Reserve by Eustace Mullins. The Tax Foundation. The Concord Coaliton.

It is the best economy to have so if an economy is required in heaven of course it is Capitalist.

I don't think so. I take the wager (see Blaise Pascal's wager) so I choose to believe that there is a God. I believe that if a heaven exists, it involves a God. Somewhere (in Buddhist literature) I read that our souls are droplets of the essence of God and that return to God is in itself a sublime experience. In belonging, there is no need for material items or people to slave to produce them.

I suppose that it seems scary but this occurs after death. It's interesting to note that the Buddha believed that material attachment was painful to human beings. I take this to mean that an object is both its presence and absence to its owner and cannot last forever (sadly not even love or marriage). Are you referencing this?

Would depend on your concept of heaven. In mine heaven is not a location but a reuniting of your soul with the divinity from which it comes.

• ÜFÖ

Well the streets are paved with gold so you tell me what other type of economy would support such extravagance? Not the socialists, thats for sure!

• x

You get a bigger cloud if you've been good, so I would say yes.

Goodness is the $.

Now, I'm Dr Evil, so I'd be on welfare in Heaven.

It must, since so many xians seem in favor of it. Do you think a socialist heaven would be too much for fundies? Maybe they would start hearings to root out commie pinko scum?

While there is organization in the afterlife...there is no politics. It is spiritually based.

Ummm..... no. No it doesn't. No need for money in Heaven at all.