Which one is uglier: Gollum (in Lord of the Rings) or that elf on Harry Potter?

Personally, I can't stand the elf (the one in the second movie who makes that cake fly).

Favorite Answer

They are both pretty ugly in the movies, but that's the moviemaker's craft (and you know they all see each others' work). When you read the books (before seeing the films), their ugliness is left up to your imagination. When I read about how evil and grasping Gollum is, my imagination made him pretty ugly--and it isn't just "surface ugliness"; it's all the way through. When I read about Dobby, my mind's eye saw someone who was tormented and abused, but not necessarily evil. In fact, Dobby later becomes a "good" character in the series. So I pictured Dobby as ugly but just "on the surface"--not nearly so ugly as Gollum.

• Joe

Gollum is uglier. Not just because of his physical appearance, but because of the personality changes caused by the ring of power. Dobby, the elf causes some problems for Harry Potter but his heart is in the right place. Gollum, on the other hand, has been totally (or , as it turns out, almost totally) corrupted by the ring, his 'precious', and is basically a tool of evil.

The elf on Harry Potter

Personally the most hideous creature is george bush hands down. then the elf and then gollum. Gollum is cute in some odd way to me.

Gollum

funny story...i worked with a lady who looks exactly like gollum....she was kinda a hippy at that too....the elf on harry potter could pull some game but gollum is a pimp

Gollum (in Lord of the Rings)

• ?

I think they are related. Isn't that elf Gollum's great cousin 12 times removed on his Mother's side?

I think the elf in Harry Potter, but I haven't seen either movie in a while.

I loved Lord of the Rings AND the Harry Potter books equally - not Twilight.