jamie asked in SportsHockey · 1 decade ago

whats gonna happen to the pens now that the IOC rejected the slot license?

is mark cuban gonna buy them and build a new arena?

r they gonna move?

whats gonna happen!

Favorite Answer

Gary Bettman got his wish he scared off Basillie that would of moved the team to Canada if the Isles Capri Casino Chain failed which it did today. he just wants another team in the U.S that's all. he doesn't care if its in Pittsburgh or even Hawaii as long as its in the U.S.

GO HABS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

The Isle of Capri didn't reject the casino license...they weren't awarded it.

And the Penguins won't be moving out of Pittsburgh any time soon, something good will happen (Plan B maybe?). Seriously, Pittsburgh is one of the biggest hockey markets in the league, behind Toronto, Montreal and a few others.

The IOC? The Int'l Olympic Committee? What the what? If you are referring to the Isle of Capri that's one thing but they would be sued if they used the International Olympic Committee's acronym. The city/politicians rejected the Isle of Capri's bid. Why would the Isle of Capri reject its own license. It's like you saying, "I reject my driver's license." Illogical, Captain.

Cuban--who knows? I think he's out of the pic right now.

Hope they don't move but it looks bad right now. If they are going to move, I hope it's to the West Coast.

If they would've jumped on board with the Pirates and Steelers when the got new stadiums we wouldn't be having this discussion. I really hope they get something worked out otherwise I'll have to become a Sabres fan.