Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 decade ago

Will it damage Clinton's campaign that she served on the Board of Directors for Wal-Mart?

...a company Democrats crusade against?

"From 1985 to 1992, Clinton served on the Board of Directors for both TCBY ("The Country's Best Yogurt") and Wal-Mart Stores, Inc."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hilary_clinton

Update:

Note this is not an attack on her or Democrats, just a simple question.

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Jenny B- your right, but the policies she helped set into place are in effect now. So why is she not held to account for that. You telling me that if Bush had been on the board from 85-92, the Lib/Dems would not be bringing it up every second.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

WalMart at that time hadn't been noted for having illegal immigrants working in several of their stores with the manager's knowledge and consent - they also (I believe) we still adhering more to Sam Walton's original vision, which was much less offensive than the stores are now.

The only problem I have with WalMart is the illegal immigrant thing and the fact that they began as a place for blue-collar people, and now the current people controlling the company seem to be intentionally shunning those people to get the more upper class shoppers.

• 1 decade ago

No. In 1992 Wal Mart wasn't on every street corner in America.

• 1 decade ago

If being married to Bill hasn't already done the trick I doubt that anthing to do with Wal-Mart will hurt her. Her life alone needs damage control and that is a full time job.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

She has WAy worse issues to deal with than that, IMO. And i agree, nobody hated Wal MArt in 1985, and everyone loves frozen yogurt! mmmmmmmmm....

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

funny to watch the libs try to explain OBVIOUS hypocracy.

this is the least of hillarys hypocracy.

funny thing is obamas wife currently serves on the board of a company that has walmart as its largest client.

ps. see how the liberals wont even call illegals illegal, why do they have a problem with walmart employing a few of them? hypocracy again.

• 1 decade ago

No. Those who think logically enough to understand the implications wouldn't vote for here anyway.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

clintons fault

• rosi l
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

Hillary has far too much baggage, and I don't think is electable anyway. Thanks

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

she is not running

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.