Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsOutdoor RecreationOther - Outdoor Recreation · 1 decade ago

building indoor riding arena?

i want to build my own riding arena what would be the cheapest way of doing that and about how much would it cost. im looking for maybe 70 by 100

Best Answer

Go find the nearest rodeo, document what you find and take digital pictures.

The cheapest way of doing that is to learn how to weld oilfield drilling pipe and build it with a few helpers to cut the pipe with a torch and set the posts in concrete.

You will want to buy used drill stem and have it delivered (typically 22 foot sections). I prefer the 1-7/8" diameter material.

If someone asks, tell them that you are building a horse corral at a ranch. They can advise you how deep to drill the post holes and how much concrete per post.

Source(s): I recommend a Miller Bobcat or similar 200 amp engine drive that has auxiliary power generation available.