Can you eat day old Sushi?

I ate it, it was refrigerated. But I'm wondering if it was a smart. I doubt it, but I feel ok...for now.

Favorite Answer

Sushi is best eaten fresh. If it has been hygenically prepared and wrapped up or bagged as soon as possible and refrigerated, it should keep for a day or two without causing any ill effects to anyone who eats it. The only thing is that the sushi rice gets hard and kind of dry, so it does not taste too good. BTW, this is only for sushi without raw seafood. If it contains any raw seafood, throw it out!

Source(s): Sushi chef.
  • Elaine

See your doctor. In the future, make sure the sushi was properly refrigerated (no room temperature sushi)and when you get it home, put it in your fridge if you're not ready to eat. I'd stay away from the raw fish, refrigerated or not (though some of the flash frozen tuna is PROBABLY ok). The strange thing about raw tuna (only tried it once) is that it tasted just like cooked tuna so why the heck should I risk eating raw tuna?OTOH, if you got California rolls, raw fish probably wasn't used. OTOH, I am not a sushi expert-- an average guy from Kansas might know more about sushi than I do. hehe There is a chance that you might have gotten sick from eating something earlier in the day.

If it never got warm and was refrigerated until you ate it, you are probably okay. One thing you can do is ask at the sushi restaurant the next time you have some extra to take home: "If I refrigerate this as soon as I get home, will it be okay to eat tomorrow?"

As far as worrying about it now, well, the longer you go without getting sick, the less likely it is that you will get sick from it.

Good luck!

Yes, its okay! I been eating sushi for 46 years and eat 2-3 days old sushi. Its made with vingar, no worries. Try wrapping the contain with heavy foil, and the rice would not be so hard, and still taste fresh 1-2 days, but can't compete with fresh onaga, ahi, salmon or ika sushi.

Sushi should be eaten as fresh as they are made. Don't keep it for the next meal even refrigerated.

Since it was refrigerated you'll be fine. If you left it on the counter, it transforms from sushi to bait.

yeah, it's all good. I do it all the time. I alway over order when I order sushi delivery and it is perfectly fine the next day for lunch

Source(s): My tummy

As long as it was in the fridge it;s o.k..

How did you like hard, cold, rice?

I'm half Japanese and I refuse to eat rice

that wasn't heated up after being in the fridge.

And I also refuse to eat sushi that was IN the fridge.

yes but if it smells or tastes funny get rid of it

i like sushi do u

It's probably okay because it was refrigerated