Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 decade ago

Have you ever been involved in a car crash in which someone you know lost their life?

How do you deal with the emotions?

Favorite Answer

Oh I like you a lot, and I hope that you aren't having to deal with this. I haven't been involved in a fatal car accident, but most of my friends lost their lives in just such a manner so I've dealt with death on many occasions.

The best way to deal with your emotions is simply to let them come. Cry if that's what you feel, scream, shout, curse, question, rage, laugh. It'll make you feel better for the short term, and when that part of the grieving process is out of the way you can acknowledge the denial, anger, guilt, and final acceptance.

It's different for everyone, we all grieve in our own ways. Understand that it takes about a year to go through the entire grieving process, some days you'll be fine, on others you'll be a mess. And then there will come a day when you realize that you have gone through the entire day without once thinking of the deceased. That's when you'll know you've truly begun to heal.

Just don't succumb to guilt feelings, as so many of us do. When it starts creeping in, remind yourself that you did the best you could, and forgive yourself. And throughout it all, remember that getting through this is much easier if you allow yourself to talk things over with a trusted family member or friend. It doesn't matter what you say really, just speak what's on your mind until you to feel better. Best to you.

Yes

not really involved, but I saw it--it was my best friend's father, and I just didn't think about it for a long time

Well you tell us, didn't your pal die this morning, how are you dealing with it?

I don't want to talk about it.