I am in search of a patent attorney or someone who knowns about patent info. Who can I contact?

My father (deceased) has a patent, and I was thinking of manufacturing it again. We stopped after he passed away. Who can I contact that could answer the legal questions on how to go about doing this. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

2 Answers

  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

    You can either go through the phone book to look for a patent attorney, or contact your state's Bar Association for a referral. Depending on how long ago your father was awarded the patent, it may have already expired and there is no longer any exclusivity to the patent.

  • 1 decade ago

    I am a patent attorney, but this is a general answer and does not constitute legal advice. You can find a patent attorney located near you by searching the roster at the US Patent Office website at USPTO.gov. You can also search for the patent by its number, and pay any maintenance fees that may be due on the patent via that site. If you manufacture the product, ensure that the patent has not expired, and that maintenance fees have been paid. Mark the product with the patent number (U.S. Pat. No. #,###,###).

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.