When people refer to "God's Country" where exactly do they mean?

I ask because, technically, everywhere is God's country, if you think about it.

Favorite Answer

They are referring to the wild open spaces that have not totally been thrashed by people. At least, not yet.

Including the countries that do not have the Christian God? People of those countries will disagree. I live in a country that is not God's country. Christianity has very little influence in this country. The religions here are Buddhism and Shintoism, and neither one is even remotely related to Christianity. And they aren't monotheistic religions, either. Buddhism doesn't really have a god, while Shintoism has many, though nothing like the Christian God.

No, technically, nowhere is God's Country, because no one in the world can prove the existence of any kind of deity from any religion. But usually it refers to basically the middle of nowhere.

This is a very good question. I suspect, when people say things such as "this is God's country" - they are truly appreciating the natural beauty of the area and are seeing it for what it truly is - God's creation and gift.

Therefore, where is God's country? It is where ever you can see God's beauty and appreciate it.

being a truck driver to me Gods country is anywhere you find the peace and quiet calling of nature. then you are in Gods country

It is a euphemism for a place beloved by that person.

In actuality "God's Country" is Jerusalem where it is written in the scriptures that he will establish his home during the eternity.

Arkansas, Go Hogs Beat Wisconcin

• justme

Usually any place that is not overcrowded like a city. Some place where you can see the lakes and mountains or oceans. Any place that is very scenic and peaceful. Thats how I have always thought of it.

Lebanon

Manitoba (Canada) Manitou is the native word for God. hence Manitoba is refered to as God's country. (nobody elts wants it)