Ed asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 1 decade ago

Sibling rivalry?

does it happen to you? and what do u do ?

Favorite Answer

my brother and i get along great but some times we have know down drag outs (yes i can fight like a manor so im told ) and then we are over it but me and my sister dont ever get along we are fighting about something all the time and its just a part of it i guess we can never all get along all the time hope it gets better!

Source(s): life

It happens to the best of us. It depends on the ages as to what to do about it. Unfortunately my sister and I are only about a year and a half apart, and no lie she has always been jealous of me. She's kinda chunky, i never have been. I got married first although I was younger. I had a child within my marriage. she has 3 and one on the way and isn't married yet. 3 total diffrent dad's. she doesn't have long term friendships where as i have two close friends both from elementary school. It gets hard to deal with at time, but family will be family and we do enjoy time together mostly.

Most of the sibling rivalry in my family is caused by my parents. My brothers and I try not to play into it but sometimes immaturity wins. Good luck.

2 of my siblings are very jealous of me because I am married and I am a housewife. I use to be a corporate exec for a tech company and they were always jealous because I had the good job the great husband and now I am trying to get pregnant. They hate the fact that I am free spirited and non judgemental. With all of my achievements they tend to put me down about them.

i usually fight alot with my brother because it seems he's always trying to make me upset. He usually changes whatever i say into something that makes me get ticked off. It's as if he enjoys it!

A while ago i started to laugh along with him at jokes he made about me and some other small stuff and he looked at me and walked away. It stopped for a while, but he started to do it again but not so rude.

Me and my brother are 8 years apart with him being the oldest one. When we were younger, we used to get on eachothers nerves all the time and everyday. Now that we are grown and mature, we kind of understand eachother more, we dont argue as much as we did, but when we do, its over stupid things like bills that have to be paid. You will grow out of it. Dont worry.

I'm the middle child of 5. Neither parent had time for me growing up, but now my dad has "chosen" me as his favorite and my sister hates me for it. Any thing I do she tries to do better. She's 31 and you would think she should know better. I think it is funny and just love her anyway.

Yes, it happens all the time.

All personalities don't all get along, even if they are related.

For me, when it use to happen, I just kept myself and my hobbies away from anything close to them.

It happens to me. My brothers always are worried if Im getting something they are not...mainly monetary but whatever. I live my life you should too.

Me n my older brother always fight n he alwayz cussing @ me so i thought fighting back would work but it doesn't so just talk em out n they'll eventually give in!!