Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 1 decade ago

What compatibility factors should we use to screen a potential male mate?

Age? Weight? Height? Education? Spirituality? Emotional Stability? Attractibility? Or simply, their right heart condition?

Actually I meant to ask for a potential mate, whether male or female. So what about it folks, what should we really look at in choosing a potential mate - what really matters - the surface or the substance of a person?

Favorite Answer

When I first freely dated, it was physical attraction and personality. When I was a young adult, I looked for 'believing' in God, good education, ambition and nice looks. Fast forward 25 yrs, post-divorce...what I look for today: He must be a godly man, with God as #1, close to my age, goals, can love me, patient, needs me, and "cute" will do.

I am engaged to a godly man whose dream is to be a pastor, 10 yrs 4 months younger than I, cute as a button, loves me to pieces, extols more patience than I deserve, and he needs me. In his bio (we met via christiancafe.com) he said that he was a guy with a big heart - which is so true!

So, according to the stages in my life, the priorities shifted. I think I got it right this time!

Make sure male is registered and has papers, make sure the parents don't have medical conditions, ears and eyes are clean and of course is not neutered.

none of the above

Measure whatever can be measured. At the end...he shouldn't feel that you don't measure up to him!

• Joe

all the above