Windows registry fixed??? Now my internet doesnt work???Helppppp!!?

My Windows had a bad registry and would start, I ran chkdsk and fixed it through Windows recovery. So everything seems to be fine but when I start firefox it never loads the page I tried other web addressed and nothing I also tried explorer samething?? I even tried reinstalling firefox and still nothing?? What should I do?

Favorite Answer

Download this it will clean up your computer http://www.filehippo.com/download/560e7b6be27ac18d...

Hmm looks like your winsock registry entry is corrupted. You may find tools on the internet to fix this... but if you know enough about registry and are comfortable with changing them manually - here's what you need to do:

1. Open registry editor

2. Find winsock and winsock2

3. Take a backup of these two folder in registry

4. Delete both folders (winsock an winsock2)

5. Close the registry editor and launch the browser - these entries (winsock and winsock2 get created automatically when you connect to the internet).

6. If this doesn't work, just restore the backup registry by double clicking on the backup files.

HTH

when you open the browser, what does it say on the bottom left corner?