Nisi
Nisi asked in Home & GardenCleaning & Laundry · 1 decade ago

I have this smell of onion on my hands and it won't go away. Any suggestions on how to get rid of it?

The other night I was cooking with onions and the smell won't go away. I wash my hands and it still doesnt' go away. Any suggestions?

Favorite Answer

Lemon

Keep onions in the frig until uaing this cuts the smell and stops the juice getting out also stops the sting in your eyes. A simple wash with soapy water is all you will need

I think you are supposed to wash with lemon juice.

You could try the bleach suggestion, but then your hands will smell like bleach.

Good luck!

Rinse your hands first with warm water, then pour good amount of salt (depending on size of your hands-enough to coat them)-regular table salt-rub your hands together vigorously to work the salt into your hands, do this for a minute or so. Wash, rinse and dry. This has always worked for me, good luck.

Little trick my momma taught me..wet ur hands and run them along the water spout or if u have a stainless steel sink, just run them along the bottom. No soap needed. If u are skilled with ur knife and it is stainless steel, you can pass it thru ur fingers too. basically, touch anything stainless steel and wah lah..smell is gone. Works with garlic too!!

take a handful of sand and wipe on both of your hands

then take some dishwashing soap and rub that in with it then wash hands that will do the trick.

Source(s): david s.

Stainless steel is the answer, just as barwench99 said. It works for garlic smell too. Using bleach gives you another smelly problem, and it's not good for your skin either.

Find something that is stainless steel and rub your hands on it over and over-- I know this sounds weird but it does work. In fact, I ended up buying a stainless steel "soap" for just this thing. Stainless steel absorbs the odor!

mix bleach with water. 2 parts water 1 bleach. rinse your hands in there for a bit, then wash with regualr soap to get the bleach off.

us some clorais to kil the onion smell of your hand or just us handsandtires

Source(s): nice day