Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 decade ago

Do you think that Jesus and God have the same fingerprints?

Favorite Answer

Huh! You can't use logic to answer a question about illogical non-sense. Its like asking how many grams of mp3s does it take to have 4 cows swim to the moon. If some one says that it takes mp3s to have 4 cows swim to the moon, then that's it. Its pure nonsense and its impossible to correctly answer any question concerning the issue, simply because there are infinite number of answers. That's why religion as time goes on becomes literal entertainment for the new generations.

I mean if The Father is God, The Holy Spirit is God, and The Son is God, while each of the 3 is a separate persons, and there is only one God. Then one of the following must be true:

- "God" is an adjective (ex: The Father is "bad", The Son is "bad", The Holy Spirit is "bad".)

- One of the 3 exists while the other 2 are non-existent.

- This is illogical non-sense (and probably non of them exists).

- Christians are brilliant and the rest of us are to stupid to understand. But which sect I wonder!

Its probably the third one. So the answer to your question is that its impossible to know since a logical conclusion can't be made based on non-sense! But again if its true that God is an adjective then your questions need to be refined so as to be more clear :P If the last one is correct, then I guess Hinduism is monotheism in disguise.

------------------------------

Could one tell me what the hell does the word essence mean! People we are in the twenty first century and we are supposed to know what are we talking about. If you don't know what the Soul is made of, or what does the word "essence" refer to then don't use it.

-----------------------------

Jesus IS God (wrapped up in human flesh) ..... Are you saying that Jesus is a sub? Like bread and wine. But my point is you can't use logic. Since The father is God. Therefore Jesus is The father, and Jesus is the holy spirit. That is logical conclusion, right? But when they say Jesus is not the father, or the holy spirit ... then they are practically saying this is BS nonsense and only us professionals can make this stuff up, understand it and explain it to the crowds using words with no specific meaning like essence, soul,...

CLEVERRRR!!!!!

Since Jesus IS God (wrapped up in human flesh), in one sense, the answer to your question is "yes".

I ought to tell you, though, it is completely impossible for a created being to explain the Creator to you...nobody "knows" the true nature of God. The closest we can come is to know Jesus, and that is enough for me for now.

One day, we will know Him as thoroughly as He knows us. If you're around, ask me then, and I'll have better information for you.

(I think I'm starting to like you...your questions make me think. You are helping me to strengthen and grow in my faith. Thank you!)

I'm not sure God has fingers, in a physical sense.

as neither of them have a material self, neither could make fingerprints

just an opinion but I do not believe God has finger prints

The word "trinity" is a term used to denote the Christian doctrine that God exists as a unity of three distinct persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. Each of the persons is distinct from the other, yet identical in essence. In other words, each is fully divine in nature, but each is not the totality of the Trinity. Each has a will, loves, and says "I", and "You" when speaking. The Father is not the same person as the Son who is not the same person as the Holy Spirit who is not the same person as the Father. Each is divine, yet there are not three gods, but one God. There are three individual subsistences, or persons. The word "subsistence" means something that has a real existence. The word "person" denotes individuality and self awareness. The Trinity is three of these, though the latter term has become the dominant one used to describe the individual aspects of God known as the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.

Included in the doctrine of the Trinity is a strict monotheism which is the teaching that there exists in all the universe a single being known as God who is self-existent and unchangeable (Isaiah 43:10; 44:6,8). Therefore, it is important to note that the doctrine of the trinity is not polytheistic as some of its critics proclaim. Trinitarianism is monotheistic by definition and those who claim it is polytheistic demonstrate a lack of understanding of what it really is.

The Trinity

God is three persons

Each person is divine

There is only one God.

Many theologians admit that the term "person" is not a perfect word to describe the three individual aspects/foci found in God. When we normally use the word person, we understand it to mean physical individuals who exist as separate beings from other individuals. But in God there are not three entities, nor three beings. God, is a trinity of persons consisting of one substance and one essence. God is numerically one. Yet, within the single divine essence are three individual subsistences that we call persons.

Each of the three persons is completely divine in nature though each is not the totality of the Godhead.

Each of the three persons is not the other two persons.

Each of the three persons is related to the other two, but are distinct from them.

The word "trinity" is not found in the Bible. But this does not mean that the concept is not taught there. The word "bible" is not found in the Bible either, but we use it anyway. Likewise, the words "omniscience," which means "all knowing," "omnipotence," which means "all powerful," and "omnipresence," which means "present everywhere," are not found in the Bible either. But we use these words to describe the attributes of God. So, to say that the Trinity isn't true because the word isn't in the Bible is an invalid argument.

Is there subordination in the Trinity?

There is, apparently, a subordination within the Trinity in regard to order but not substance or essence. We can see that the Father is first, the Son is second, and the Holy Spirit is third. The Father is not begotten, but the Son is (John 3:16). The Holy Spirit proceeds from the Father (John 5:26). The Father sent the Son (1 John 4:10). The Son and the Father send the Holy Spirit (John 14:26; 15:26). The Father creates (Isaiah 44:24), the Son redeems (Gal. 3:13), and the Holy Spirit sanctifies (Rom. 15:16).

This subordination of order does not mean that each of the members of the Godhead are not equal or divine. For example, we see that the Father sent the Son. But this does not mean that the Son is not equal to the Father in essence and divine nature. A wife is to be subject to her husband but this does not negate her humanity, essence, or equality. By further analogy, a king and his servant both share human nature. Yet, the king sends the servant to do his will. Jesus said, "For I have come down from heaven, not to do My own will, but the will of Him who sent Me" (John 6:38). Does this mean that the one sent must, therefore, be of different nature than the one who sent him? Of course not.

Critics of the Trinity will see this subordination as proof that the Trinity is false. They reason that if Jesus were truly God, then He would be completely equal to God the Father in all areas and would not, therefore, be subordinate to the Father in any way. But this objection is not logical. If we look at the analogy of the king and in the servant we certainly would not say that the servant was not human because he was sent. Being sent does not negate sameness in essence. Therefore, the fact that the Son is sent does not mean that He is not divine any more than when my wife sends me to get bread, I am not human.

Is this confusing?

Another important point about the Trinity is that it can be a difficult concept to grasp. But this does not necessitate an argument against its validity. On the contrary, the fact that it is difficult is an argument for its truth. The Bible is the self revelation of an infinite God. Therefore, we are bound to encounter concepts which are difficult to understand -- especially when dealing with an incomprehensible God who exists in all places at all times. So, when we view descriptions and attributes of God manifested in the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit, we discover that a completely comprehensible and understandable explanation of God's essence and nature is not possible. What we have, however, done is derive from the Scripture the truths that we can grasp and combine them into the doctrine we call The Trinity. The Trinity is, to a large extent, a mystery. After all, we are dealing with God Himself.

It is the way of the cults to reduce biblical truth to make God comprehensible and understandable by their minds. To this end, they subject God's word to their own reasoning and end in error. The following verses are often used to demonstrate that in the doctrine of the Trinity is indeed biblical.

Matt. 28:18, Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit,

1 Cor. 12:4-6, Now there are varieties of gifts, but the same Spirit. 5And there are varieties of ministries, and the same Lord. 6And there are varieties of effects, but the same God who works all things in all persons.

2 Cor. 13:14, The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit, be with you all.

Eph. 4:4-7, There is one body and one Spirit, just as also you were called in one hope of your calling; 5one Lord, one faith, one baptism, 6one God and Father of all who is over all and through all and in all. 7But to each one of us grace was given according to the measure of Christ’s gift.

1 Pet. 1:2, "according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, by the sanctifying work of the Spirit, that you may obey Jesus Christ and be sprinkled with His blood: May grace and peace be yours in fullest measure."

Jude 20-21, "But you, beloved, building yourselves up on your most holy faith; praying in the Holy Spirit; 21keep yourselves in the love of God, waiting anxiously for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ to eternal life."

• Abby C

No, because God is not human! Dur....

No, because one is a dead Jewish rabbi and the latter never existed at all.