Anyone have experience closing AOL acct and keeping free email?

I want to keep my AOL screen names as a free email acct and switch to another. Anyone have experience with this? any problems? I just don't completely trust AOL support today. Used to be good.

Thanks TT for previous answer.

Favorite Answer

i would go to the "change type of my account" on their website, and do that. if not, i have been with hotmail for almost 3 years now, and they give you 1gig of storage space, so you could also switch to that too.

No in basic terms the destructive 20 people you deliver it to! lol do no longer deliver it, this is trash delete it, whilst ever you get some thing like that flow to the source no longer interior the mail which you won yet directly to yahoo themselves. I won one some years in the past saying my account became going to be deleted except I respond to the mail. properly back then i did no longer realize it became trash, somebody attempting to fish my account. I replied yet for the reason that i'm a nighttime owl the time became previous. every time i attempted responding i could get an errors saying that handle does not exist anymore. I panicked and made yet another account so when I misplaced my account i could have yet another to shield all my communities I moderated and owned. Then I wrote yahoo quickly, they mentioned sure there have been hackers attempting to get peoples information, they advised me in basic terms delete it. i found out how fortunate i became that as quickly as I got here across that mail those hackers had already left and moved directly to people. So the main part of this finished tale is, in basic terms Delete it! while you're uncertain you could consistently flow to Yahoo help for the actual fact of what is going on, plus this helps record this style of stuff for different customers.

I don't use AOL but there are so many Free email site out there it is ridiculous! MSN Hotmail...Yahoo...etc...