I am looking for some good books to read?

Perferably romance or somthing that is similar to The Earth's Children series by Jean M Auel. Also long is preferd.

• xander
    Favorite Answer

I would recommend anything by Nicholas Sparks and Nicholas Evans.

Mother Earth, Father Sky by Sue Harrison, similar to Jean Auel, I dont think her books are as long but they have great attention to detail, she has a few sequels to that one that I never got around to reading but that one was REALLY good, I enjoyed her as much as Jean Auel.

Also Diana Gabaldon, the whole Outlander series, she's a great historical writer, almost historical romance but with much more attention to detail also, much much better than your run of the mill historical romance.

I recommend both authors highly...I've read so much I am jaded, so it takes A LOT to impress me, and both authors did.

• I just got through with A Three Dog Life by Abigail Thomas. Great book and a fast read.

I have always enjoyed anything by Luanne Rice and you would never want to go through life and not read the greatest romance of all time Gone With Wind.

I recommend anything by Lori Foster, if you like romance. She's funny, eloquent and very erotic, ( I especially liked Jude's Law, and Murphy's Law, which are kind of sequels.)

Also like Linda Howard, Janelle Denison (very erotic & funny)

For romantic suspense, I like Elizabeth Lowell, Jayne Ann Krentz, & Beverly Barton.

Anything by any of these authors I automatically pick up and they have never let me down.

Can't say it's really romantic but my favorite book is called Cheese Monkeys and it's by someone with the last name kidd- I don't remember his first name. One that I did think was romantic was still life with woodpecker by tom robbins

I'm an English major and while I was still in college my Victorian teacher asked that we read Wives and Daughters, it was amazing and very long!

gone with the wind

the thorn birds

anything by jane austen

read the harry potter series! they're always a good read -they're also very long if you read the whole series

there's some romance in these books (somewhere) hehe

Thomas