I am looking for some good books to read?

Perferably romance or somthing that is similar to The Earth's Children series by Jean M Auel. Also long is preferd.

11 Answers

Relevance
  • xander
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

I would recommend anything by Nicholas Sparks and Nicholas Evans.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Mother Earth, Father Sky by Sue Harrison, similar to Jean Auel, I dont think her books are as long but they have great attention to detail, she has a few sequels to that one that I never got around to reading but that one was REALLY good, I enjoyed her as much as Jean Auel.

Also Diana Gabaldon, the whole Outlander series, she's a great historical writer, almost historical romance but with much more attention to detail also, much much better than your run of the mill historical romance.

I recommend both authors highly...I've read so much I am jaded, so it takes A LOT to impress me, and both authors did.

• I just got through with A Three Dog Life by Abigail Thomas. Great book and a fast read.

• 1 decade ago

I have always enjoyed anything by Luanne Rice and you would never want to go through life and not read the greatest romance of all time Gone With Wind.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

I recommend anything by Lori Foster, if you like romance. She's funny, eloquent and very erotic, ( I especially liked Jude's Law, and Murphy's Law, which are kind of sequels.)

Also like Linda Howard, Janelle Denison (very erotic & funny)

For romantic suspense, I like Elizabeth Lowell, Jayne Ann Krentz, & Beverly Barton.

Anything by any of these authors I automatically pick up and they have never let me down.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Can't say it's really romantic but my favorite book is called Cheese Monkeys and it's by someone with the last name kidd- I don't remember his first name. One that I did think was romantic was still life with woodpecker by tom robbins

• 1 decade ago

I'm an English major and while I was still in college my Victorian teacher asked that we read Wives and Daughters, it was amazing and very long!

• 1 decade ago

gone with the wind

the thorn birds

anything by jane austen

• 1 decade ago

read the harry potter series! they're always a good read -they're also very long if you read the whole series

• 1 decade ago

there's some romance in these books (somewhere) hehe

Thomas

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.