Blow (2001)?

Best review of this movie gets 10 points. Is it worth buying? No spoilers please.

Favorite Answer

It's a great movie with great directing and a great storyline. Johnny Depp is fantastic as George Jung, a man who just can't seem to get out of the drug business. Penelope Cruz's acting left a little to be desired, but then again, when doesn't it? Ray Liotta is absolutely amazing playing George Jung's father. To watch the events unfold as George goes from a broke guy sellin pot on the beach so he can eat to the number one provider of narcotics in this country is quite a trip, one you'll remember long after the credits roll.

Yes! Johnny Depp isn't just a pretty face--he can actually act. He has a great supporting cast (including Penelope Cruz, Paul Rubens, and Ray Liotta) and it is well written. They actually interviewed the real George Jung to get an insider's look into the story. It is a part of the US's sordid history, but interesting nonetheless. There's no romance, but it has a little bit of everything else. Love it.

May the wind always be at your back and the sun upon your face.

And may the wings of destiny carry you aloft to dance with the stars.

It's a see-once movie - but has you on the edge of your seat for quite a while.

I rented it back in 2002, and couldn't even pause it to go to the restroom, however, as for buying it ... that's another matter. Once you have seen the end, it loses it's appeal. It's not a "feel good" movie like Home Alone or A Christmas Story.

Excellent movie about the cocaine industry during the 1980's.

Johnny Depp was the main charactor, based on a true story

of a real mega-dope dealor. Fast paced movie.

• Zippy

I've seen it several times and loved it every time. I would buy it.... don't know why I haven't. The casting and acting are superb and the musical score is the best - the songs really take you back!

This movie really draws you in (or it did me)...

It's how a guys goe4s throught so much and loses everthing and it's really go watch watc bye

• Jenny

First time I watched it was good. Second time I fell asleep in the theater. Third time I hated it.

Sorry. It is a very lame movie about cocaine.

Do please save Your money for better DVDs...

Nice Xmas from Aaron.

Yeah..buy it.