Leaving Earrings in?

My daughter got her ears pirced. Not cartilage, just the lobe. This is her first one, it's not a double. How long do I keep the earrings in? When can I take them out?

Thanks and Happy Holidays!!

• ?
    Favorite Answer

Ah, my girlfriend got pierced 2 months ago. She was advised to keep them on for 3 weeks to a month.

She took it off after 4 weeks and it was all fine.

Merry Christmas to you!

• H.L.A.

6-8 weeks is the recommended. But if she's a slow healer, then have her leave them in for 2-3 months. My first pair in my lobes I had to leave in for Several months...and when I got my cartilage done, instead of the 4-6 months...I had to wait a year before they finally healed up and I could take them out and leave them out, without them closing up on me. I'm a slow healer.

Don't take them out for 6 weeks. After that you can change the earring, but it must be in at all times (including while she sleeps). After about 6 months the piercing should stay at a normal size.

Source(s): Personal Experience

I remember leaving them on for at least a month before removing them. I'm not sure if there's a mininum period to keep them on before removing for the first time and why that period is necessary. I've heard stuffs like removing them too early before the wounds at the piercings heal will result in bleeding and probably infection, or rapid sealing of the pierced holes if they are not replaced quickly by another pair of earrings.

I suggest you should ask the shop or professional who did the piercings for your daughter. I'm sure they know best. :)

Leave them in for 6 weeks to be safe as changing or removing earrings may lead to infection which is very nasty. Remember to clean the ears with spirits daily too.

If she just got them pierced she needs to let them stay in for 6 weeks. While they are in there rotate them in their place and clean around them. After 6 weeks switch to a new pair and take them out at night and leave them in for the day. If they are studs you can leave them in in the shower.

It is generally about 3 weeks to a month

• Jessi

I've got mine done twice and was told 6 weeks, cleaning them daily and turning them from the front not the back "lock"...

she has to leave them in for about 6 weeks, and make sure she puts the ear cleaning medicine on every day (they sell it at jewerly shops)

usually about 1 month. if you take them out sooner, the hole will close up.