Can I take my domain name to any hosting service I want?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Good answers above. If you did not get your domain and hosting together you have no problem. Some hosting companys offer a free domain if you buy their hosting. This is where you need to read the fine print. Make sure they transfer the domain to you. As long as you have control of the domain, you can host it anywhere you want.

• 1 decade ago

Yes and no. You can transfer your domain to any hosting service you want, but that is also based on your contract with your current host provider. Check your current hosting contract for details, as you might not be able to move your domain until a certain amount of time has passed.

• 1 decade ago

yes, you just need to "point" that domain to your hosted server afterwards. usually takes around a day. just ask your hosting provider for the info... they will give you the information needed shouldn't take more than a few minutes to enter the changes.

• 1 decade ago

ballarke gave the best answer here: reading the fine print. Some hosts will allow it, others won't if they especially registered the domain name under their company name instead of yours.

Make sure you understand what the fine prints say. Otherwise, expect a long battle up ahead.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • JohnS
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

Yes.... Of course most ISP will actually let you register your domain name when you buy a hosting package from them...

• 1 decade ago

Yes you can - check out quickprodomains.com for great hosting solutions !

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.