Xbox 360???????

Is it true you can't play Xbox games on a Xbox 360???

Favorite Answer

You can play Xbox games on the Xbox 360 but you need to have the hard drive for the Xbox 360. Then you need to go to the Xbox website and download the program which makes it backward compatible. Be careful because not every game is going to work. Check the website for the games that are compatible.

• maxi

You can play xbox games on the xbox 360 just the most popular ones like Halo 2.

You can play many of the original xbox games on the xbox 360. Not all of them are compatible with the 360, but Microsoft's goal is to eventually have all the original games backwards compatible. Some games are just harder to make compatible with the 360. Here is a list of the games currently compatible:

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/backwardcompatibil...

p.s. - - - you need to have a HDD to play the original xbox games.

That is partially true, but mostly false. The xbox 360 will support some xbox games, which are called backward compatible games. A list of these games can be found here, http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/backwardcompatibil... The workers at microsoft are continueing to add more and more games to the backward compatible list as time goes on. In addition, you need to have the 20 GB harddrive in order to play these games. Then you need to go to the Xbox website which can be done from live,and download the program which makes it backward compatible

No it is not all true. You can play some games on the XBox 360 that were on the Xbox. Just not all of them. To further complicate things I think you need the one that costs more to play XBox games.

No. of course you can play xbox games on the 360

I tried playing my xbox version of World series of Poker on my new 360 and it didnt work. The screen said I have to update my hardware. I dont my 360 hooked up to Xbox Live yet. I'm guessing some games will work and others won't...bummer.

No, you *can* play most of the popular XBox titles on XBox 360, but not all of them.

Yes. Most games. the list above is just a list of games tested and guaranteed to work 100% with the 360.

only a few games are compatable with the xbox 360...i know that halo 2 is compatable for sure...as for the rest i don't know