What is Cat Stevens' song, "Father & Son" really about?

Favorite Answer

Father who is always making false promises to his son. Son finally gets tired of it and in his adulthood does not have time for his father.

Dear friend,

This is all about teaching a young mind to get ready for the world out there. Just like a Father and Son talk. If you have the words for this; this is from the radical era here in USA (hippie days). The way he talk to this young man is like adult talk instead of like what we call baby talk. We used to sing this with my choir during the 70's; I also belong to the a group called "Silakbo" and we sing at Channel 7 and other big known night spots in Manila. More power to you my friend, my E-Mail ad. is jbuenacal@yahho.com.

Angel Of The Morning...Merrilee Rush (1968) Early Morning Rain....Elvis Presley Morning Has damaged....Cat Stevens I awakened In Love This Morning....Partridge kin sturdy Morning Starshine....Oliver

It's about father and son relationship, his father tells him not to give up being happy, to pursue happiness by all means. He says " look at me, I am old but I'm happy, there's still time to take a chance".

Are you talking about "Cat's in the Cradle", or have I just slipped into some time warp?

Yes, it's about a father who didn't spend any time with his son, then regretted it when his son was grown.

• grrl

A man who has no time for his son while he's growing up. Regrets it when it's too late & the son has no time for him.

its not by Cat Stevens it by Harry Chapin actually its easy to get confused :)

and its called Cat's in the Cradle

Knowing what's important in life, cherishing what you have (children, family, and friendships), and giving them the gift of your time

No one every died and said"

"Gee, I wished I would have worked more."