teachers salary?

on average , what do u think elementary teachers in the state of california make per year or month?

• Randy
    Favorite Answer

Looks like the starting average is around $38,000. The higher paid teachers make around $70,000. You need to be a principal... they make close to six digits anyway. See the link below.

Edit: Also, while that salary may not seem like much with the cost of living out there, California ranks second in the nation for teachers salaries. I live in Missouri, and it's like 44th. (Still not as bad as Louisiana, at 46th).

I really don't know. What I do know is that you don't want to teach school in Louisiana. They pay the teachers way below the poverty level. It's a crying shame. With all that teachers have to put up with, they should get a 6 digit yearly salary.

Whatever it is, it's not enough! Teachers do not make what they should in any state!