Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationOther - Cars & Transportation · 1 decade ago

My car is a forest green color now and I want to go to a HOK or Dupont kandy lime gold. Is this possible?

Will I need more than the 3 layers of paint to change from a dark green to a lighter lime green? Need some guidance from a paint expert. If you don't know what your talkin about, please dont respond. Thanks.

Favorite Answer

You have to be careful when painting a car that too many coats of paint/clear aren't applied. The "Thicker" the primer/paint/clear is, the more likely it will crack over time. Consult a shop known for custom paint work. Also remember it might get $$$$$$.

• cat

You would be better off stripping the car of it's original paint instead of just painting over it. Then you need to sand and prime everything.

no reason why not...some sanding,good coat of primer,then any colour you wish !!!!!!