How do you Deal with Death?

I'm asking because i lost someone i love. this past friday the 15th of december.

Favorite Answer

Read John 5: 28-29 for comfort

Death is never easy, for those with or without faith.

If you are a faithful person, stick with your faith as long as you can. Right now, you need consolation more than you need answers. After some time, then you can ask questions. I'd say a month is a good time.

The important thing to remember is that there is no satisfactory answer. This seems to be universally true across the board. A satisfactory answer is one that would excuse in your mind the needless death.

For many in the Christian faith, it is simply God taking a life for whatever reason he has. This doesn't really give you an answer. For many nontheists, it is a way of life, as the cycle trudges on. This also doesn't really give you an answer.

Focus on the good times you had. Steel yourself for the days ahead.

With time, the pain of death does lessen. You probably will never forget the person (I remember each person that died in my life), but the pain will fade. That doesn't give an answer as to why your loved one died, but it does give you an answer as to what you can expect.

For now, grieve all you can. There is nothing weak about grieving.

You take everyday the best you can and you try your hardest to continue your life...knowing that that's what your loved one would have wanted you to do. I know how it feels to lose someone you love, even this close to Christmas. And I am so sorry you and your family/friends are going through this.

2 years ago in December, I lost my aunt, who I was very close to.

She was only 42 and died of a brain aneurysm. Only 3 months before i lost my grandpa, who was 72, and went to sleep and never woke up. That year my family was really hit hard. But, you have to give yourself time to grieve and accept it. Don't try to hide your feelings, let them out.

Although the emptiness of your loss will always be there, I promise it will get better.

I have had 2 different encounters with death. A friend's and my own.

My friend lived on a country where military service is mandatory for all at 18yo. He tried to avoid it by acting insane. They treated him as such and put him on powerful drugs which left him unpredictable. One day, he was found hanging from his family's barn's rafters. Dead. I was hurt and sorry. He did try to have friends help him, but his roulette wheel of emotions kept most at a distance. I was 1/2 a world away. Someone could of stood up to him and helped.

My own. I was taken to a hospital, where I was put on a gurney in a hall way off of the ER. I was not under observation. I arrested and went down. Someone noticed that I was no longer screaming, and all of a sudden, I was important.

Source(s): 10 days, I stayed, open up and left fileted in the ER, in a coma. I crashed 2 more times. My family was told to prepare for a funeral and called in my family members. I woke up over a month later, but was still considered a failing patient. I had to sit, hooked up to breathing machines, lines inserted into my heart, unable to move. All I could do was think. And death was a huge one. The 5 steps of denial you read about? Well, they are basically true. I went through them.

I'm so sorry for your loss, really.

I would encourage you to DO something to remember this persons life. Think of a hobby they had or a cause they really believed in, perhaps their favorite book. Then spend some time working for that cause. Or buy books of that author and donate them to the library. Anything that can help bring the greatest loves of that person back to the world. I have found that to be good therapy for me.

Also, please try to get outside. Take a walk every few days for the next month - it's very healing. Try to limit how often you think sad thoughts as well. Depression can creep in and you need to take care of yourself. In time, though you will always feel pain, it will diminish a great deal. Best wishes to you.

Death is an enemy. 1 Corinthians 15:26.

Even Jesus wept upon learning of the death of his good friend, Lazarus. John 11:35.

The advantage to be christian and having to deal with death, is that Jesus explained death is like sleep ....and he spoke the truth.

John 11:11-14.

Plus there is a future for dead loved ones.

So, we are saddened but not to the extreme.

1 Thessalonians 4:13,18.

I'm sorry for your loss. Grief is a very personal thing, but time does heal!

My mother died when I was nine, and I still think of her often, I miss the time I didn't get to spend with her. Like shopping, being there for important events. But what has really help me is knowing the true condition of the dead, that they are asleep and I have the hope of seeing her again in the Resurrection.

Im so sorry for your loss. I have lost so many people in my life to death and I actually am ok with it because I know that I will see them again after I die. And so will you. you will see your decesed loved ones too. I promise you that. SO, it's just like a long vacation until you see them again. If you have anymore questions, you can call this number. 1-877- 300-8000

I feel the pain and I grieve because it is part of life. We are supposed to feel bad when we lose someone we love. Many people fall back on their beliefs or perhaps form new beliefs concerning an afterlife. I am sorry for your loss.

I am so sorry for your loss.I have the book"The Prophet"by KAHLIL GIBRAN,in the book he writes about death.It really comforts me to read his work,I don't fear death anymore.It's a natural part of life, everyday someone is born and someone dies.It is hard when a loved one dies but just try to remember all of the good times.