Acceptance Letter?

I was offered another position at another firm. I want to write a letter letting the company know that I accept the offer. How should that letter be worded? I thank you in advance for your help.

• Kallan
    Favorite Answer

Dear (name):

I am writing to confirm my acceptance of your employment offer of (date) and to tell you how delighted I am to be joining (Company name) in (location) . The work is exactly what I have prepared for and hoped to do. I am confident that I can make a significant contribution to the corporation, and I am grateful for the opportunity you have given me.

As we discussed, I will report to work at (time) on (date) and will have completed the medical examination and drug testing by the start date. Additionally, I shall complete all employment and insurance forms for the new employee orientation on (date).

I look forward to working with you and your fine team. I appreciate your confidence in me and am very happy to be joining your staff.

Sincerely,

(sign name)

Congratulations on your new job!

December 19, 2006

Mr. Ernie English

Company Name, Inc.

1234 Writing Lab Lane

Write City, IN 12345

Dear Mr. English:

The acceptance letter is a simple and pleasant letter to write. In the first paragraph, thank the company for the offer and directly accept the position.

Next, restate the contract provisions as you understand them. These are points that you and your contact at the company have discussed in relation to your employment. They may include salary, location, benefits, or any other items. Restate any instructions you were given in their acceptance letter to you. These might include the date that you will begin working, the salary discussed, or the hours you would be working. It is extremely important to restate these details because they provide documentation of an understanding between you and the company before an actual contract is signed.

Finally, end with a statement of your happiness at the opportunity to join the company. Be thankful and courteous, watching your tone so as not to sound too overconfident.

Sincerely,

Your Signature

Your Typed Name

123 Winner’s Road

New Employee Town, PA 12345

---------------------

You might need to use this too!

----------------------

Letter of Resignation

Your Name

Your Address

Your City, State, Zip Code

Your Phone Number

Your Email

Date

Name

Title

Organization

Address

City, State, Zip Code

Dear Mr./Ms. Last Name:

Please accept this letter as formal notification that I am leaving my position with XYZ company on January 1, 2007.

Thank you for the opportunities you have provided me during my time with the company. If I can be of any assistance during this transition, please let me know.

Sincerely,

Your Signature

Your Typed Name

-------------------------------------

Whoo-Hoo! Congrads!