Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingPregnancy · 1 decade ago

married 7 months, now pregnant, his first, my fourth! youngest is 8! Is it ok to have a baby shower???

• Favorite Answer

Personally I think every pregnancy deserves a baby shower. Most likely His family will be the one planning your shower since it is his 1st. Also being that your youngest is 8 means you will have to start all over with the big items. I had my children 27 months apart and they are different sex. So I had a small shower basically to get together and celebrate (with my 2nd since I had the BIG ticket Items already)

ABSOLUTELY!!!

I am married almost two years...now pregnant, his third, my third, but our FIRST one together and his youngest is 8, mine is 10! This will be the 5th child in our household!

I think it is okay too have a baby shower with any one of them..even if they are close in age. It is a day to celebrate a new baby! Sure, the registry list may be a bit different when they are close together (you may have the swing from the lst one...but you still need diapers and stuff!) but it shouldn't be based on how close in age they are...it should be to celebrate!

Besides...in your case...just like me...it has been almost a decade since we've done this and we certainly didn't keep all that stuff from the last one!

Have a great big baby shower...you deserve it!

Good luck and congratulations!

Source(s): Mommy to four and 37 weeks with #5!

Yes have the shower. It's your husband's first baby let him have the limelight for this special time for him. You probably will like getting the new baby things anyway. You should have a shower with every baby you have the way I see it.

Sure-and since it's his first make it a coed shower where he can be included in on it. Also, I think since your youngest is 8, you're going to need new baby items. Congrats and good luck.

• Brandy

First of all, every child is special. A baby shower is not just about gifts, it is a celebration as well. You should be able to have a baby shower, I am sure your mom, or his mom will want to throw one. You don't have anything you need. You need it all! So why not?

i would have a baby shower every baby, i dont think its right to just have a baby shower for the first one but they all are special enough to get there own shower and there own new things instead of hand me down but that in my opinion and its his first so yeah and its been awhile since you were pregnant your self good luck and congrats

I think its okay to have a baby shower since it's his first child but after that baby no more baby showers!!

• Lady J

Of course it's OK. I'm sure you didn't keep all your baby stuff from you 8-year-old. I'm expecting my 3rd child, and there's a 14-year gap between my last one and this one. I got a shower.

They always say that you should only have a baby shower for the first, anything Else is greedy....lol but you can always have a mommy to be shower where it's more about fun with family and friends than baby presents.

of course! have a baby shower every time!!! besides its his first, make the most of it so he can enjoy all the splinders of having a baby.