Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsDogs · 1 decade ago

My six month old Chihuahua puppy?

has really bad breath and her teeth are falling out is this a good sign is she going to get adult teeth I ve tried brushing her teeth but that doesnt work what can I do?

Favorite Answer

By 6 months the pup should have lost most of its teeth already...

Have you checked with your vet? Chi's are prone to dental problems because of their small mouth. Sometimes they will retain baby teeth when the adult teeth push through - they would need to be removed by the vet. I would have your pup checked - bad breath can also be an indication of other health issues.

well puppies lose their teeth all the time but about the bad breathe thats a sign of poor nutrition! she will grow her adult teeth soon! when she gets older u can start brushing her teeth but i doesnt matter now since they r gunna fall out anyway! but dont give her greenies cuz smaller dogs tend to choke on them! but u can take her to the vet and see what the doc has to say about her breathe! hope this helps! =)

Source(s): shelter worker 3 yrs!

If your puppy has bad breath, that's not a good sign and you may want to have your veterinarian check her out. As far as her teeth falling out, it sounds like she's beginning to lose her baby teeth, and her permanent teeth are beginning to come in. It is also much better, if she is eating dry food, because wet food causes more bacteria to remain on her teeth, therefore causing dental problems. It's also a good idea to get her some chew toys, which helps with her teeth remaining cleaner. Hope this helps! Good Luck!

Yes it is very possible. At the Vet Hospital i work at we spay or neuter dogs around 4 or 5 months. You're dog could easily get pregnant before you even see her go in to heat if the timing is right. But then again if you take her in to get fixed soon it wont matter...if she is pregnant it will only be like a week into the pregnancy. The doctor wouldnt be able to tell unless the dog is about 3-4 weeks pregnant...then the vet would ask if you would like to terminate the pregnancy. It's done all the time, and not any more expensive since they are already doing an OvarianHysterectomy. But take her in now and ask the doctor to fix her. Most docs will fix as long as they are at least 4 months old.

Losing her teeth is normal but the breath is not, I would try to change her current food, make sure that it is hard food because that will help her adult teeth come thru. Get her a little chew toy to help with the teething. Good Luck

I work at a pet shop, and It is perfectly normal for you puppy to have bad breath, and for her teeth to be falling out. I wouldn't reccomend brushing your dogs teeth until she is 9 months old, it's not really good for them. But I do reccomend giving you puppy some greenies, they help freshen breath, along with any other products that say breath freashener on it. But watch out for rawhide!!! Don't give you puppy any rawhide until she at least 9 months, but I don't reccomend it, because it could get caught in your dogs throat, and your dog will choke!!

Source(s): Me, Myself, and I

Her teeth should be falling out, but you should check with your Vet anyway to be safe.

Ask your vet

this is a great sign....soon you will be digging a hole in your backyard and suppoting your local pet store again!!!!!!!!!