Should Miss USA be stripped of her crown?

(A total fluff question I know.)

Should Tara have been stripped of her crown? Or by letting her keep her crown, she can do some good by bringing attention to the drug problem in the US?

14 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Vanessa Williams was stripped of her Miss America crown for having posed nekkid for a photographer. I see no reason Miss USA shouldn't also be stripped of her crown for going out and being a drunken sl*t. (Especially since the contestants in those beauty pageants are all required to sign contracts stating that they will not do certain things...and that they will be stripped of their title if they DO so.)

• 1 decade ago

I think this depends on how she managed her second chance. Miss USA is a role model for many, many girls. She (Tara) should have known the responsibility that represent wining before getting into the contest. Now, she has the opportunity to amend her actions and use the experience to bring attention to drugs and alcohol problem in US.

• 1 decade ago

I know that she is just human and we all make mistakes, but she could have stopped this or simply not have done it. I understand how they could have given her a second chance, but then again I sometimes think they should have took away her crown. She is supposed to be a role model to young girls and many other people everywhere!!

• 1 decade ago

Yes she knew the consequences of being Miss USA and to let her keep her crown would tell other girls it don't matter if you do drugs you still get awarded if you are pretty.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    4 years ago

in no way, yet distinctive businesses have been in cost of each and every subject. Donald Trump owns the business enterprise that controls the omit usa opposition. omit Nevada could have been competing for the omit usa crown, that's a distinctive opposition. So it purely looks that the leaders of each and every business enterprise view the circumstances in a distinctive way.

• 1 decade ago

I think she has already brought attention to the problem and stripping her of the crown shows a learned lesson. (well... hopefully)

• 1 decade ago

She's young and made a mistake....she should not be stripped of the crown....she should however have to go around the country to schools and give a speech about the dangers of underage drinking....that should be her punishment

• 1 decade ago

Yes, she should have been stripped off her crown. This would have proven that every action faces consequences....specially the wrong ones.

• 1 decade ago

I think she should be punished, for drinking under the legal age, and she should be forced into rehab for drugs, however i do not think she should be fired. people make stupid mistakes. it should not ruin her future.

• Tony M
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

No, a lot of people her age are doing the exact same thing.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.