Do Republicans employ Hollywood techniques to look good, while criticizing the fakery & vapidity of Hollywood?

examples - the Disney-like scene behind Bush's speech in New Orleans last year, and the pageantry of Rumsfeld's goodbye last Friday?

• Sean
    Favorite Answer

Right on. Republicans are faker than anything in Hollywood.

• JB

Wow, I guess you missed the 2000 Democrat convention with all the lights and fog and Hollywood camera angles. I swear when Clinton came out it was more like the big entrance of a professional wrestler. Maybe you missed every single political add this year from both parties. The answer is yes. Both parties do it.

• Dr. D

You're complaining about a course that both sides use. The use of Hollywood techniques is actually more common among Democrats who actually employ Hollywood stars to promote their liberal agenda.

• Jadis

Oh, crap...you found us out.

Wasn't it Slick Willie who was in with the Hollyweird crowd? Hollywood is pretty anti-Republican....

And ALL big political events are very scripted these days. So what's the difference?

Do Democrats like Michael Moore use Hollywood techniques to twist and distort facts to fit his agenda?

Answer to both...an astounding YES!

• Josh

I don't think I ever support fakery.

Uh, yeah and don't forget the plastic surgery for their women