Do Republicans employ Hollywood techniques to look good, while criticizing the fakery & vapidity of Hollywood?

examples - the Disney-like scene behind Bush's speech in New Orleans last year, and the pageantry of Rumsfeld's goodbye last Friday?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Sean
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Right on. Republicans are faker than anything in Hollywood.

• JB
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

Wow, I guess you missed the 2000 Democrat convention with all the lights and fog and Hollywood camera angles. I swear when Clinton came out it was more like the big entrance of a professional wrestler. Maybe you missed every single political add this year from both parties. The answer is yes. Both parties do it.

• Dr. D
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

You're complaining about a course that both sides use. The use of Hollywood techniques is actually more common among Democrats who actually employ Hollywood stars to promote their liberal agenda.

• Jadis
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

Oh, crap...you found us out.

Wasn't it Slick Willie who was in with the Hollyweird crowd? Hollywood is pretty anti-Republican....

And ALL big political events are very scripted these days. So what's the difference?

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Do Democrats like Michael Moore use Hollywood techniques to twist and distort facts to fit his agenda?

Answer to both...an astounding YES!

• Josh
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

I don't think I ever support fakery.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Uh, yeah and don't forget the plastic surgery for their women

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.