How long does a bottle of malibu rum last once opened?

I opened this bottle of malibu coconut rum probably 10 years ago and haven't touched it since really. Should I bin it or is it still safe to drink? I understand that spirits keep pretty well but this is only 21%!

Favorite Answer

Your are right. Malibu rum has other fruity ingredients in it which will spoil over time. Just toss it. It is not that expensive.

After 10 years it is probably bad. Mind you, a bottle of Malibu could not last 10 days in my house.

Source(s): I live in Barbados where Malibu is made!

While I don't totally know, and I've heard too that alcohol doesn't go bad, it's the thought of drinking 10 year old Malibu that I wouldn't do it. A new bottle isn't that expensive, just replace it.

Probably is oxidized and tastes horrible. Buy another bottle, Malibu is not that expensive.

I think the Kahlua will need to be replaced after a while, but the Rum and Vodka will last years. I like to keep my Vodka in the freezer!

It's still good but may have lost a little lustre.

The alcohol content may have dimished slightly.

As long as you mix it with something, nobody's the wiser.

Try coke, OJ, etc.

Source(s): Had one for 5+ years and it was just fine.....finished it over Thanksgiving with the neighbors.

Actually it will not be safe to kepp contents that have already been opening. You have a greater risk of germs and parasites

I am sure it is still good. Taste it to see.

just drink it....it's free booze