my boyfriend of two years says he loves me but just doesn't like huggging and kissing- im frustratedti?

Favorite Answer

he may be gay. this happened to my best friend in college and her boyfriend finally admitted he was gay.

You can't change a person's fundamental character and personality. By the time you get to know them up close and personal, I guarantee those things are hardwired into place. My husband has never been a very "demonstrative" person. He grew up in a family who didn't make big displays of affection, publicly or privately. But I guarantee, after more than three decades of marriage to the guy, there is noooo question about the depth and sincerity of his love. THAT is what's important. My goodness, how many men are there out there who are as good as all gitout at that big romantic lovey-dovey stuff, but will cheat on their significant other in an eyeblink? Plenty of 'em. Love and loyalty are not measured in how many hugs you get per hour or per day, and if your man isn't a hugger and kisser, don't expect him to change if you ever get married. Accept this as part of the package you are getting, or just move on and find somebody who will meet that need.

Hmmm.. Is this new? Did he like it in the beginning of the relationship? If he did and now he doesnt.. then somethings up. If he never liked it from the beginning.. then Im afraid he wont ever..and you'll have to ask yourself if you can be in a relationship withouth the intimacy of hugging and kissing. He might of been raised that way.

It sounds like he may have a problem with intimacy. I'd seriously think about whether this man is right for you or not. If hugging and kissing is important to you this sounds like a relationship breaker. I wouldn't want to be involved with someone who didn't like hugging and kissing me.

wow.. thatsss weird after 2 years????? it might be that he feels he doenst have to do that all the time to u.. since u been together for 2 years.. i think u should talk to him and find out exactly whats going on.. because thats a lil un fair and u shouldnt be treated that way....

Wow!! You need to decide whether you can handle this long term as it's not likely to change. I'd be frustrated too--hugs and kisses are impt.

Maybe he doesn't like kissing or hugging or just always doesn't want to be touched. Some people are like that, they don't like hugs/being touched. You may have to talk to him, maybe there is a reason why he doesn't like to.

he's not for you move on. real love is hugging and kissing. no excuses. dont rtry to justify it by saying he loves you. because reality is he doesn't. sorry but i left my husband several yrs ago and one of the first things i didnt like kissing or hugging him. on the other hand reno i adore him. i love kissing and hugging him.(smile)

Thats just strange. Something is up with him.

maybe he has some sort of disease that he wouldnt want you to have, or maybe hes disgusted from you..