How is allowing Miss USA keeping her crown, showing young girls she's a role model?

Because in one of the critera's it says that she has to be a role model, and how is underage drinking being one?

Favorite Answer

If she kept doing what she was doing then she shouldn't've been allowed to keep it, but because she admitted her mistake and is doing something about it, then that actually is being a good role model. People aren't perfect, not even Miss USA.

There are young girls that aspire to be a 'wag' which by definition is simply the wife or girlfriend of a football player, surely young females should have more self worth and have better prospects than just this. And five gcse's with grades a-c are the minimum expected for going on to college or sixth form, so its hardly a massive achievement, its in fact, the bare minimum. I think young people should have better role models that reflect someone that has worked hard and has not compromised themselves in order to get there.

Years ago Miss USA was looked upon as more of a role model for young women to aspire to. Now though I think they are more swayed by celebrities like Paris and Britney etc. The pagents don't seem to have the allure they once had.

It shows if you suck enough d*ck (and the right person's d*ck) and are good at it, you'll achieve your dreams, obviously. She's not a good 'role model', whatsoever. This whole situation won't make me lose sleep, but it saddens me what kind of message this sends out to so many young girls out there. But on the other hand, people should be concentrating LESS on what this girl does and more on how they are personally raising their children. It starts in the home.

I think its funny you are angry at Miss USA. If you really want to see what corrupts young girls, just turn on any TV show on MTV. from Laguna Beach, Real World, My Sweet Sixteen. All these show show young girls how to be materialistic sluts.

I don't think any young girls watch the Miss USA pageant, its all for young boys.

The ONLY role model you should look up to is your parents...THEY should be the benchmark of how you should live, and if they are not, then you set the example.

Don't follow celebrities, actresses, etc, as a way to live...

Personally, I think they should allow Miss USA to keep her crown, because she is a role model to other young girls. By allowing her to keep her crown, the young girl's mothers now have an object lesson. You see little Susie? You don't want to end up like that poor little drunken hussy. lol

I think that in our culture she is going to have to shape up and there is no better way to do that than have everybody still watching. It also lets girls know that even though they are messing up at the moment that they are still loved and can redeem themselves.

Because it will show young girls that you can make a mistake in your life and learn and grow for it.

Maybe Donald Trump got a favor from her. She seemed do be that kind of girl. Why does 1 man determine her fate. What does that tell young girls. Maybe it shows all they have to do is """" to make amends.