Do you ever wonder if the Neilson Ratings are accurate? (Maybe even fixed)?

Look at "Arrested Development"

EVERYONE I know watched that show. The critics raved about it. People on-line STILL talk about it. But supposedly the ratings were miniscule.

How could the show's ratings have been so low? I don't believe it!

Favorite Answer

This link will tell you everything you need to know.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nielsen_Ratings

I have participated in the survey and even though I tried to be accurate about my viewing schedule , I was not. I think most of the people just put down anything at the end of the week when it is time to send it back. It is hard to be commited to something like that with kids running around, a busy work schedule and trying to run a house.

Source(s): They pay you a dollar for doing it
  • Joe K

Nielson is not perfect. They attempt to use a cross-section of america according to the demographics but I think that they can still miss a particular portion of the population. I have even asked a few questions on YA about TV shows which most of the people who responded knew absolutely nothing about. Nielson puts a monitoring box in the homes of one in 50,000 families. Sometimes the monitored family represents the 50,000 and sometimes they dont.

Yes, because they cancealed alot of Good shows and kept stupid ones...Or either the people they have do it didnt know whats good...

Source(s): Television