I want to deep fry 7 dozen oysters 3 hours before the are served.how do I keep them warm and not get soft and?

Favorite Answer

NOOO.. don't do it.. the fresher the better.. pop them in a deep fryer.. minutes before serving.

I know that's not what you wanted to hear.. but that is the only way... sorry.

Save your time. I am only assuming that is what you are trying to do is prep everything before serving, however do not sacrifice freshness and quality so you can join them in the feasting.

My suggestion, prep all your oysters and keep them chilled for the 3 hours, when they arrive, have someone else greet your guests. During that time, have all your guest help you in taking all the food to the serving or dinner table. Then send out your oysters a dozen at a time. This way you can talk with your guest and even recruit some helpers for help fry the rest. This will make it fun for everyone.

If however you are traveling somewhere else, I would suggest you talk to whom ever is hosting the dinner party, so you can set up an area to fry your oysters. You can keep the oysters chilled until you get there and fry them there, the host/hostess can either help you or recruit someone to help you. If you have a spouse, get them to assist in the prep and cooking so you can get a chance to mingle for a bit.

I pray that you will find a way to get the quality of food that you are looking for. God bless.

you can't. the only thing you can try if you must, is lay them out on a rack after frying then stick them in the oven to keep warm. remeber that the temperature danger zone, when food can go bad and bacteria grows, is between 40 F and 140 F. but if i were you, to get the best results and not risk getting everyone sick, i would fry them just before serving. especially with oysters.

Due to the high moisture content of oysters, they're bound to get soggy in 3 hours.

Since they cooks so quickly, I would suggest cooking them no sooner than 30 minutes before they're served. Cooking as needed would be the best option.

Drain them on a paper towel and transfer them to a wire rack so any moisture can drop way.

What you want is a hot-box, to hold your food at 140f and up. What you don't want is to fry oysters three hours before they are served. You also do not want to hold your oysters at 140f for three hours. You also do not want to make people sick by serving improperly held oysters. I have never heard of holding oysters. Take your fryer with you and fry them a la minute at the party, or forget about it.

they don't take that long to cook if you prepare them ahead of time and keep them refrigerated then deepfry them just before serving. I would worry about food poisoning keeping them warm for that long.

They are only good fresh from the fryer. it wouldnt be a good idea to have them warm for awhile. they become hard over time. too chewey to eat.

Source(s): landrys seafood bartender

keep them warm for 3 hours - what are you trying to do poison your whole family?

wrap them in aluminum foil and put them in the oven on like 225 to keep them warm.

Dangerous, don't do it!