Which gaming system is better for 10 year old? xbox, playstation,?

I am buying my son a game system for christmas this year and need to know which one is better for a 10 year old.. xbox doesn't seem like there is many games appropriate for him, and I'm not familiear with the playstaion or nintendo cube.. can someone help me?

• x
    Favorite Answer

Playstation 2 has a much larger library of games and is pretty cheap right now. I wouldn't bother with a PS3 right now since your son is very young, just stick with a PS2 for now.

EDIT: Gamecube is kind of geared toward youngsters, but it has a tiny library of games. Stick with the PS2.

I would think a Nintendo Game Cube would be a good game for a 10 Year Old. Because it contains good and fun games that are appropriate for a 10 Year Old. Also the New Game System the Wii is also from Nintendo and would be great. It is fun and has an interactive way to play. For instance, if you swing the remote then it would move the racket, sword, or bat on the screen and the games are appropriate. So if it was me then I would get Nintendo Game System. Here is a site to learn more and tabout the other Systems. Good Luck.

Source(s): www.nintendo.com www.xbox.com www.playstation.com

Gamecube is the best system for a 10 year old. Of course it does have a few M to T games out there. But not too many like Playstation of Xbox.

I'd say Playstation because it has a wide variety of kid games. However i have to agree with the other people. I myself have a Gamecube. I'm a 19 year old mother, but a kid at heart. I have to say i haven't seen very many games with violence on Gamecube much at all. I'm sure your child would appreciate it just as much. Besides Playstation and Xbox run to about $500. A little expensive seeing as kids will be kids. Hope this helped.

yes that would be a nintendo game cube, theyre are hardly any violent games unless if you count super mario as one, any ways the game cube has games that are less violent then on the xbox and playstation the game cube varies with supermario,donkey kong and other sorts,it has no horror or off beat blood and gore games i recommend the nintendo game cube

Playstation 2 out of the two you mentioned. Better game titles and easier to handle

Try to look for a Nintendo WII it's cheeper than a Playstation 3 and has really nice interactive games!

http://www.nintendo.com/channel/wii

No video games are appropiate for our children. Vidoe games have an addicitive nature only many people do not realize it until it istoo late. I am currently having problems with my husband who isaddicited to an online game. I would advise you to find a more productive gift for your child as the outcome of these games is usually negative. Hope this helps.

Maybe you should look into leap frog. It's a gaming system for learning. Or a Nintendo DS because they have games for learning. As he gets older, you can start giving him games as rewards for good grades.

The gamecube has more child oriented games and the smallest controller optimal for smaller hands. However, the playststion still has a fairly small controller and you could keep it for years with a lot of variations in age range, so as he progressed in age, so could his games.

Source(s): personal experience.