I have had a problem with freezing homemade won-tons...they stuck together in the bag...any suggestions?

I made them, put them on cookie sheets and froze them. After they were frozen I took them off the sheets and placed them in freezer bags for future use. When I took them out they were stuck together...anyone have a suggestion on how to do this properly? THANKS!

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

You can dust them with cornstarch before freezing.

• 1 decade ago

If they were completely frozen and dry when you took them off your cookie sheets and put them into the freezer bags, they should have stayed separate. That they are frozen together suggests that the bag thawed slightly and re-froze. Do not eat them, as they may have spoiled during that thaw. Purchase a Refrigerator Thermometer at your local kitchen supply store & test to see that your freezer is remaining at "freezing" temperatures. (32f, 0c)

• 1 decade ago

Freeze individually on a sheet pan or similar and then store in bags or plastic containers with sheets of wax paper in between layers.

Always use directly from the frozen state when re-using regardless of how you are cooking them.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

lay them out on a baking sheet and freeze first them put them in the bag when they are frozen and they will not stick together.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Dust them lightly with flour before freezing. You should cook them without thawing and that way they wont stick together

• 1 decade ago

Hi .... mine did the same ..... I just emptied bag onto a tea towel ....... put into microwave 4 about 30 seconds ... .... then I placed them and the tea towel on the counter for a few minutes ....seperated them ... .... all was well .... tasted great

• 1 decade ago

Put wax paper between them.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

defroze them i guess or use trays (if u have a seprate freezer)

• WHAT
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

try spraying them with pam first.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.