How does a score of 200 on the PSAT by a high school freshman compare?

My son is high school freshman and scored a 200 on the PSAT and I was wondering how good a score that is?

Favorite Answer

if you're adding up the 2 digit numbers above the three columns and getting a 200 that equates to a 2000 which is great

• corbo

It relies upon on your targets. Which colleges are you involved by? The PSAT is a robust predictor of ways nicely you will do on the quite SAT. 1750 is a robust score for many faculties. of direction, you ought to initiate making waiting for the SAT quickly. it quite is truthfully good for a freshman. the commonplace score is around a hundred and fifty.

• matt

That is very respectable but probably not quite good enough to get an honor letter. You can find out the exact scores that are needed to get be honored or to advance to Finalist Status by searching on line. The National Merit website explains all about it.

200+ is good but if you want to know how he did in relation to others it should say when he gets his results back. I took them last year and it said I was in 60th percentile in math and the 90th in English. That means 40% of students did better than me in math and 10% in English.

that's very good especially for a freshmen. A junior who wants to qualify for the national merit scholarship needs a 200 or above, so that's really really good. Good job to him!